Getting a PCB made from a gerber

You can have them omit it, but they charge you more money, presumably because it's more work to keep track of your PCB as it goes through the production process.

For this small batch of boards (qty: 30), the charge would have been $1.54, so 5¢ per board. Not bad at all.

Ahem, I believe the words you're looking for are "cryptic" and "legit" ...

Keep in mind, there's folks out there releasing PCBs that don't even work with the build docs. :ROFLMAO:
I haven't come across a board that didn't work -- at least not one that you were responsible for (Amazon -- maybe; me -- maybe; Robert -- never).

I heard one of them are shutting down/shut down. They are trying to sell you the Gerbers as well..
And a bargain at €325 €99. And if you want to change (fix) anything you need to either have Eagle or have a program that can import Eagle files.

I wondered if that might be the case when the Gerbers went up for sale.

I hate to see anyone shut down, but in this case maybe it's for the best?
As long as nobody has the bright idea to make their own PCB store from them.
And a bargain at €325 €99. And if you want to change (fix) anything you need to either have Eagle or have a program that can import Eagle files.
From what I have seen, people who have ordered them have had a fight to even get them. It must be hard to send digital files over the internet.

From what I have seen, people who have ordered them have had a fight to even get them. It must be hard to send digital files over the internet.

What's peculiar about that is the eCommerce software (WooCommerce) is designed to automatically email digital files when purchased... :unsure:

I think my biggest issue (aside from the flat out ripping off of layouts and algorithms) is that people get us confused. I couldn't tell you how many emails I've gotten from folks upset that they got no confirmation email, no tracking, nothing.

Of course I immediately panic trying to find out what happened to their order... Why do I have NO TRACE of this order whatsoever? Nothing.

Then we realize, oh, yeah.... you meant to contact PCBGM... I've actually felt bad and sent a few folks PCBs anyway. :ROFLMAO:

What's peculiar about that is the eCommerce software (WooCommerce) is designed to automatically email digital files when purchased... :unsure:

I think my biggest issue (aside from the flat out ripping off of layouts and algorithms) is that people get us confused. I couldn't tell you how many emails I've gotten from folks upset that they got no confirmation email, no tracking, nothing.

Of course I immediately panic trying to find out what happened to their order... Why do I have NO TRACE of this order whatsoever? Nothing.

Then we realize, oh, yeah.... you meant to contact PCBGM... I've actually felt bad and sent a few folks PCBs anyway. :ROFLMAO:
That's what you get for having a name which is easy to rip off. Should have called it bottom-wallop or piggylove, nobody would want to be associated by-proxy with that.

The fact that FSB needed to create their own debug forum just for this vendor should say enough!

Heh... thanks to the Tone Geek's tutorial and this forum... I've gotten okay at laying out my own, and I'm not even sure I trust some of the schematics on a certain other retailer... much less the layouts...

... of course, now I just downloaded LTSpice and I'm trying to learn it so I can really move into designing my own stuff using more than trial and error (and a lot of error... and did I mention error?)... I blame Chuck... among others... :D

I joined a Facebook group called PCB Guitar Mania - Pedal Builder Group when I first started building. I didn't realize that PCB Guitar Mania was a brand; I thought it was just a generic FB group name. Then I slowly started seeing people post about pcbs not working and realized it was company specific. And that company was one to avoid lol.

Back