glimpsing the future with some bold new transistor experiments?

zgrav

Lol that was my elaborate April Fool's joke from last year, My joke this year was much less elaborate.

Screenshot 2023-04-03 121136.jpg

The pedals I had available (and they actually were available, I sold at least one of each):
  • Dirt Box (Bluesbreaker)
  • Heavy Box (Rat)
  • Fuzz Box (Merkin Fuzz)
  • Echo Box (Deep Blue Delay)
  • Verb Box (Box of Hall)
  • Squeeze Box (Keeley 4-knob Comp)
I still actually have a couple of each sitting on a shelf somewhere, I toy with the idea of trying to sell them off but I've been too distracted to put in the effort.

With regards to the Diplomat, I've been focused on my big NAMM pedal and haven't had a chance to dig through my EF86 stock to see how many tubes I have on hand that I could part with.

LMK if I can put in an order just for the PCB and enclosure, but really no rush.

I am intrigued about your NAMM release. Have you posted any info about that yet, or will NAMM be the big reveal?

LMK if I can put in an order just for the PCB and enclosure, but really no rush.

I am intrigued about your NAMM release. Have you posted any info about that yet, or will NAMM be the big reveal?
I should be able to get through the tube stock today, so I'll make sure I have them listed on the site ASAP.

The NAMM release has been mentioned a bunch on Talkbass, as it's aimed solidly at bassists and was designed for/in partnership with Tony Puleo, an incredible session bassist and former bassist for Blue Man Group. Features:
  • two-channel tube preamp
  • active 4-band EQ
  • dry pass-through
  • Transformer-based D.I. XLR output
  • IR cabsim, but not being advertised as IR since it will be hard-coded and not user-configurable
It's been a beast of a design and has gone through 4 PCB revisions so far over the course of almost 2 years, including scrapping it and starting over from scratch, but it's just about there. The latest design had a problem that the previous one didn't, but I spotted it at 1:30AM this morning and will be fixing it tonight, then it should hopefully be ready for NAMM. And then I can sleep 🤪

Back