DEMO Green Stinger / Brassmaster (Squidward / MadBean BoomBoom)

This post contains an audio or video demo

DGWVI

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
This one was commissioned. Customer wanted a nasty octave fuzz being driven by the Green Ringer. I nudged him into letting me add the bias and volume controls to the Squidward side.
BoomBoom is built stock, Squidward has 1N5817s, and a couple minor parts subs for values I didn't have. Order toggle cuz they're cool.

1000018555.jpg 1000018540.jpg

Both are amazing octave circuits, and each board is wonderfully laid out and easy to assemble. No rare parts really needed. Highly recommend both for any fans of this strain of fuzz.
The Brassmaster is especially nifty for its awesome blend controls, allowing for a much wider range of tones than I capture in the vid

Very cool build! I recently built a brass master and squidward for some friends but somehow never managed to play them together. The brass master is a riot. One of my favorites builds this year.

Very cool build! I recently built a brass master and squidward for some friends but somehow never managed to play them together. The brass master is a riot. One of my favorites builds this year.

The Brassmaster is pretty awesome. I've got another in my queue that'll be paired with a lower octave fuzz, just deciding on which to go with. So far, the Shocktave is in the lead

The Brassmaster is pretty awesome. I've got another in my queue that'll be paired with a lower octave fuzz, just deciding on which to go with. So far, the Shocktave is in the lead
Ha! I have the ocelot in my queue as well. Just need to wrangle all the weird parts 😂

question.... did you add a pot in place of that 6k2 Resistor on the Squidward? if yes what value and taper? i guess the volue was just added a A100K at the output after R13 right?

question.... did you add a pot in place of that 6k2 Resistor on the Squidward? if yes what value and taper? i guess the volue was just added a A100K at the output after R13 right?
I used a 10k linear pot in place of the 6.2k, with a 10uf bypass cap

And, you're correct in regard to the volume pot placement and value

Hey, @DGWVI- I'm interested to try your BIAS modification but I'm not sure I understand exactly how it's wired with the bypass cap- could you help me out?

VcgPT83.jpg

Is this anywhere close?

Nevermind!
I found your explanation in another build report- thanks for posting all the cool stuff!

Hey, @DGWVI- I'm interested to try your BIAS modification but I'm not sure I understand exactly how it's wired with the bypass cap- could you help me out?

VcgPT83.jpg

Is this anywhere close?

Nevermind!
I found your explanation in another build report- thanks for posting all the cool stuff!

Just in case, here's a quick scribble -
1000023009.jpg

Back