Harmonic Tremolos

Looks like it’s coming from the flint because the rundown I found had the same schmidt array pedal board
Nice both the flint and the monument are great sounding harmonic trems.

I like the idea of a simple trem like the schaller/heartthrob. I’ve built the twin peaks trem, and while it’s great I want to have a simple trem pedal. While at least less knobs. Honestly, trem is one of the effects I prefer to have tap tempo for.

I've been wanting to do a "simple" harmonic tremolo for a while.

Sure, you can do all sorts of cool digital stuff, or even a digitally controlled analog circuit (like the Twin Peaks, which is great), but sometimes you just want a simple analog tremolo with the basic control set.
"simple" hasn't described my diy experiences with harmonic tremolos

First prototype is on the way...

Simple, all analog, and no unobtanium components.

Controls are Rate, Depth, and Level.

This one is harmonic trem only. I drew up another version with a Standard / Harmonic toggle switch and a Shape control, but I wanted to keep this one as basic as possible... Others will follow, including a digital LFO with tap tempo.

Harmonic.jpg

Awesome! I have the Supro, which sounds great. I had the V2 Monument, but I returned it as I preferred the sound of the Surpo.
The Supro is at the top of my wish list. I’m looking forward to this new PCB when it’s ready, I know it’s not a supro clone but based on all the PedalPcbs I’ve heard I bet this tremolo will sound killer.

As much as I am no Strymon fanboy I do love my Flint. I can't fault it. I generally use the bias-vary setting and the plate reverb but the harmonic trem is amazing. I'e had many other reverbs and tremolos but the Flint beats them all. Shame we can't do a Pedal PCB Flint - I'd build it! But it's all sharc processing I believe.

First prototype is on the way...

Simple, all analog, and no unobtanium components.

Controls are Rate, Depth, and Level.

This one is harmonic trem only. I drew up another version with a Standard / Harmonic toggle switch and a Shape control, but I wanted to keep this one as basic as possible... Others will follow, including a digital LFO with tap tempo.

View attachment 7622

Looks great! Is it based on any of the available diy harmonic tremolos?

Has anyone done a dual pedal with a Tremolo and a Chorus? Or would that be redundant? I have the Ceasar PCB and a 1590XX and my mind is going HMMM Harmonic Trem/Chorus pedal....

Has anyone done a dual pedal with a Tremolo and a Chorus? Or would that be redundant? I have the Ceasar PCB and a 1590XX and my mind is going HMMM Harmonic Trem/Chorus pedal....
I have, as a custom for a guy. It worked geat. Harmonic trem is like light phasing and it compliments chorus well. My favorite modulation build I've done is a hardwired 2-in-1 (preset order, one bypass footswitch) of a magnavibe into a tremolo.

MXR just released a new tremolo that does harmonic too:

MXR just released a new tremolo that does harmonic too:

The $159 price is getting closer to the “should I just buy the damn thing” vs building it.
I’m a fan of Dunlop/MXR stuff, simple classic gets the job done. But from the demo it still doesn’t sound as warm and fat as the Surpo tremolo, my guess is the lack of preamp/gain knob the Supro has.
Still curious of how the upcoming PedalPCB is going to sound, thinking that might fill the gap for me.

I'm just finishing up the prototype today.

Had to change a few component values last minute, just to get the most swing out of the LFO, but man it sounds great.

The problem is that every time I try to work on the thing I end up jamming for an hour and losing track of what I was supposed to be doing. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back