Help removing solder

Zylent

I was working in a new project and I was careless. But the solder spot its so tiny how can i clean this mess??

Attachments

• IMG_20190913_194050.jpg
    IMG_20190913_194050.jpg
    583.1 KB · Views: 35
It won't remove the solder from the holes, but if it's hot enough you should be able to remove that solder bridge with the iron alone.

What you really need is some fluxed solder wick, but the SS-02 solder sucker would definitely work as well.

If you don't have solder wick, you can probably clean that off with a Q-tip. Heat the area briefly with a soldering iron, then quickly remove the iron and wipe with the Q-tip. Then go buy some solder wick and flux.

Sometimes I will heat the solder then very quickly tap the board on my bench - usually it will fly off. It's a cheap way to clear a hole too. I have an inexpensive solder sucker too which is great for clearing holes but I always feel like I need three hands when I use it.

Side note, on the iron side I like to put the corner of iron tip into the hole as much as possible.
On the rare occasion that I just can't get the solder out I use a Thumb Drill to carefully drill out the hole.

I don't recall where I saw this but it's pretty cool. Get a box of the pointy toothpicks and use those with the soldering iron to open up the holes. Once you have them open (which is sometimes a real mother when using braid alone) you can clean up with braid.

Another option is a bit counter intuitive. ADD solder to the pad and then go after it with braid. Makes it easier to absorb the whole thing.

This one is INCREDIBLE. I hated hated hated solder sucking but this makes it not bad at all.
The silicon headpiece is great as you can jam it in to all sorts of hot places.

Thanks for this recommendation. I’ve been using random solder suckers that worked well enough but saw this and decided to try it out. Used it tonight and it’s easily the best one I’ve used. Really good quality. Thanks!

Back