SOLVED: Help! Terrarium build, cannot compile from plugdata to seed

FuzzyLotus

Heya!
Built a terrarium, now I'm trying to plug the daisy seed into my computer, but the computer is not recognizing it at all.
Tried running Zadig, it's not showing up anything.
Tried different cables and its not working either.
Do I need to power the board (terrarium) as well when trying to program or is just the seed by itself okay?

edit: finally got it connected, some admin roghts were needed.

now I'm Having issues getting the right footswitch to do anything.
The Roght led is not turning on either.
Cathode and anode is connected correctly so not too sure whats going on there.

Cheers

Last edited:
Heya!
Built a terrarium, now I'm trying to plug the daisy seed into my computer, but the computer is not recognizing it at all.
Tried running Zadig, it's not showing up anything.
Tried different cables and its not working either.
Do I need to power the board (terrarium) as well when trying to program or is just the seed by itself okay?
Cheers
You don’t need to power the terrarium for your computer to recognize the daisy seed, just the usb to the daisy seed. Does your daisy seed light up when you plug it in?

Electrosmith has a forum and a discord that might be able to assist as well.

I’m assuming you followed the Zadig steps listed here: https://github.com/electro-smith/DaisyWiki/wiki/Using-Zadig-to-Reset-USB-Driver-(Windows-Only)

I actually got it connected, looks like some admin rights were needed.
Now I'm trying to figure out why my right footswitch is not doing anything / right LED is not powering.

Actually - it was one of the earlier builds that had no function on the right footswitch lol - Tried a different one and it did work.
Now I'm trying to flash using Plugdata and that's a whole different game - not quite successful yet.

So.. this is the build I'm trying.

Been wanting to upload from plugdata to the seed but keep getting different errors depending on what I'm trying.

Error I'm getting right now when compiling from plugdata, using the "terrarium" upload method in the compile section:

--> Generating Daisy module

1) [91mError[0m c2daisy: Unknown Daisy board "terrarium"

Total compile time: 1432.07ms

Compiling for terrarium...

make: C:/Users/dalex/AppData/Local/Temp/Heavy-434683b564c94a88bc9584/daisy/source/Makefile: No such file or directory

make: *** No rule to make target 'C:/Users/dalex/AppData/Local/Temp/Heavy-434683b564c94a88bc9584/daisy/source/Makefile'. Stop.

Update: All right: Looks like I had to flash bootloader again, then press the reset button - as soon as it reset, blinking light turns on, I then pressed the boot button once, blinking light slowed down, it was then in waiting mode, ready to get flashed.

Instead of using the "terrarium" target board in plugdata, I have used the "custom JSON" file provided by @jocano
Then selected Custom Linker (In patch size), sram_linker_sdram
And App type I have selected SRAM - pressed FLASH - everything transferred perfectly!

Back