How can I fix a sticky potemtiometer?

I was referring to ruining the resistive track. I just avoid Tayda as much as possible, frankly. Especially since the shipping rate hikes.
Ok, I see. You said "It's damping compound on the shaft, not the resistive track.". So assuming premium damping compound exist, flushing it on to the track could ruin it. Fair enough.

I was assuming the damping compound doesn't exist in the cheap pots

Ok, I see. You said "It's damping compound on the shaft, not the resistive track.". So assuming premium damping compound exist, flushing it on to the track could ruin it. Fair enough.

I was assuming the damping compound doesn't exist in the cheap pots
I'll take one or two apart and see, I have plenty of duff ones. ;)

But if it's mung on the track, I'd expect that to manifest with noise as well. In any case, nothing against Tayda, I think they fulfill a very useful purpose and the shipping thing would seem to be out of their control.

Someone at the Taiwan Alpha plant seems to love throwing that mechanical grease around. My recent pots have all been completely coated in it.
As other said, Deoxit. But F5/F100 is *technically* what should be used on pots/faders. F100S is basically a combo of the two in spray format(F100 was originally used with a dropper)
It's actually the only Deoxit recommended for conductive plastics.
D5 can eat at some plastics, so I've been told.
On carbon pots I use D5 followed by F100S. Amazon has a package with the two.
I would never use WD-40 on a pot.
And yeah. Deoxit is a little spendy, but a can will last a long time.
Screenshot_20231117-144721-700.png

I have had good luck using the 2 of these. Not perfect but usually helps some. Works well on old scratchy pots also.

Attachments

• IMG_6012.jpeg
    IMG_6012.jpeg
    447 KB · Views: 5
Back