Hydra Delay

Erik S

Last on on my build report catch-up. Hail Hydra!

I was an acoustic only guy for a lot of years, and only got back into playing electric at the beginning of this year. That kicked off a lot of gear acquisition in a short period of time, and one of the fancier pieces I picked up was a used Boss RE-202 space echo. It's been a lot of fun. When I started building pedals, a friend was playing with my RE-202, and asked "can you build me one of these?" I laughed and said - "of course not!". But then I saw the Hydra, and thought, that's kind of in the same ball park, so here's my Hydra/ fake mini space echo for my friend.

Build was smooth, pedal sounds great. I initially thought I might build another one for myself and swap it in for the big Boss unit, but I think I'll hang on to the Boss for now. Having pre-sets and tap tempo is pretty nice, and I think it justifies the footprint.

Instead of buying the PPCB faceplate for this one, I etched an aluminum version and swapped the little graphic in the middle out with a reversed version of my ES logo for Space Echo. I felt a little funny "stealing" an existing pedal name, but I'm not going into business with these, so hopefully Boss can forgive me.

E51320AB-4CAA-4D9C-903C-3F41B522F547.jpeg
377E5A2C-4775-4334-A1DD-41E9FCA0D08B.jpeg
2BEE287C-A7D9-4DE5-BB82-52224840C0C1.jpeg
9B537AD5-D8E4-4F81-8332-8E7DAB22EE42.jpeg

Hi! Curious where you were able to find the 1u MLCC capacitors? I usually buy from Amplified Parts or StompboxParts.com and they don't seem to have that value available in MLCC.

Back