Identify Nuetrik Jack

swelchy

Took in a pedal to repair for a guy… Digitech whammy with a busted input jack… got it desoldered and it appears to be a stereo jack but it only has 5 pcb pins instead of 6… all I can find are 6 pin jacks on Nuetrik website? Anyone know what I can substitute ?

Got a picture? Is it offboard or on the PCB, and what type of switches are the additional 2 contacts?

Looks like this… pcb mounted looks to be stereo but on one side has 3 pins and the other side 2 pins and the missing pin is in the center

TRS is just three conductors right? So does 6 pins just give you two paths to each?

If so, could you get a 6 pin and just snip whichever pin you don't need?

That what I’m asking? I don’t know the difference between switches and unswitched stereo jacks and all I can see have 6 pins… this one is clearly made with only 5

If you look at the top of the jack while plugging in a plug, you'll see the switch raise up and become disconnected. That's the switched side(edited I think the part that doesn't raise is the switch side). The front of the jack where the nut is, is the ground, the next two are the ring and tip with the tip being closest to the back. I always have to look at the diagram I made instead of rethinking it. I've never seen a five pin, are you sure the original wasn't snipped? Be sure to use wire cutters that are designed for thick copper and steel, don't use the ones just made for thin wire or they'll be AFU and how would I know that if I didn't ruin a pair doing just that? lol....
1689970877863.png

What is busted about the jack? Can you ohm it out still?
Can't think why a whammy would use switched jacks... I don't think any of them used batteries as the had AC supplies for v1-4 and ran 3.3v for the digital and 12v internally via one half wave and one full wave rectifier, again iirc.
Check the traces/ohm the pads and see if the pins connect via trace. Ohm each side of the jack and if ring and sleeve connect.
I'm betting that it's a modified stereo jack and only utilizes tip and sleeve, hence ring being cut on one side.
Or ring and sleeve short/connect on the pcb.
If that's the case, just use a stereo jack.
The only other thing I could think of is, if one side is switched, it's switching ground since they are AC input only(v1-4) so ground is established via the jacks, unless it's running on a crazy virtual ground network.

What is busted about the jack? Can you ohm it out still?
Can't think why a whammy would use switched jacks... I don't think any of them used batteries as the had AC supplies for v1-4 and ran 3.3v for the digital and 12v internally via one half wave and one full wave rectifier, again iirc.
Check the traces/ohm the pads and see if the pins connect via trace. Ohm each side of the jack and if ring and sleeve connect.
I'm betting that it's a modified stereo jack and only utilizes tip and sleeve, hence ring being cut on one side.
Or ring and sleeve short/connect on the pcb.
If that's the case, just use a stereo jack.
The only other thing I could think of is, if one side is switched, it's switching ground since they are AC input only(v1-4) so ground is established via the jacks, unless it's running on a crazy virtual ground network.
dropped with instrument cable plugged in and messed it up and the cable doesnt engage tightly plus the threads are jacked up

Are you able to trace the pads on the PCB to see where they connect? Just to figure out what the switched jack may be used for.

Back