Informant Overdrive - SW2 Purpose?

Slurp

Hi everyone, first time poster :)

The Informant Overdrive uses a LT1054 as a voltage doubler in the power section, but I am little confused about what the purpose of SW2 connected to the feedback pin. I actually couldn't find SW2 anywhere on the PCB. In my research of voltage doublers I've seen similar switch placement in some other diagrams! Could anyone please shed some light on the purpose of this?

1614864320156.png

That is a solder jumper on the back of the PCB for using TC1044SCPA or ICL7660S charge pump ICs... It's not a physical switch, you just connect the two pads with a small blob of solder.

Connecting pin 1 and 8 of those charge pumps causes them to run at a higher frequency (outside of the range of audio) to prevent oscillation in the signal.

If you use the LT1054 you can ignore it.

That is a solder jumper on the back of the PCB for using TC1044SCPA or ICL7660S charge pump ICs... It's not a physical switch, you just connect the two pads with a small blob of solder.

Connecting pin 1 and 8 of those charge pumps causes them to run at a higher frequency (outside of the range of audio) to prevent oscillation in the signal.

If you use the LT1054 you can ignore it.
Woah I was not expecting to be get an answer straight from the source, this forum rules! That makes much more sense, thank you for the explanation I appreciate it.

Back