Inkscape noob

matt3310

I'm trying to learn Inkscape. And i'm so lost its not funny! I have managed to make an image I want to use on a pedal, but I cannot figure out how to make it print in color. Every time its in black and white. Its in color on inkscape. And if I print a regular photo on my printer, it's in color. Any ideas or tips?

I'm trying to learn Inkscape. And i'm so lost its not funny! I have managed to make an image I want to use on a pedal, but I cannot figure out how to make it print in color. Every time its in black and white. Its in color on inkscape. And if I print a regular photo on my printer, it's in color. Any ideas or tips?

No help here, sorry. I tried Inkscape and found it very un-intuitive compared to Corel Draw, which I love.

I know this might seem obvious, but the question is worth asking just to check the boxes:

Are you sure you have a color printer?

There's plenty of reason to choose a monochromatic laser printer...because 1) color lasers are much more expensive, 2) one toner to worry about vs 3 or more and 3) laser printers are great for making PCB/enclosure etching masks.

If you do have a color printer, it might have something to do with the way you're coding your colors. Printers tend to speak CMYK(Cyan, Magenta, Yellow...uhhh...Kool aid. I think). If yours is currently set up in a different "language" (say, RGB) your printer might be defaulting to greyscale.

Honestly...I might be way off base here, but it's a thought.

Hey there. Im new to the forums and this is my very first post! Lmao.

I use Inkscape too and have come to realize printing from there is really hit or miss.
My remedy is to copy the art to PDF file then print from there.

In Inkscape, go to the File menu and select "Copy as", then select pdf in the drop down menu. Done.

Fyi, if you use an HP printer and have the HP Smart App installed.....get rid of the HP Smart App. That app messes up ALL sorts of things!

Hope this helps.

~Troy

Back