JMK Panner alternative?

Danbieranowski

Anyone aware of an alternative to this board (since it's sold out)? I don't want to do a standard resistance-based blend, since those always allow a little bit of dirty signal through. I want this type of blend, where it sends the signal you don't want to ground. A vero or stripboard layout version of this would be sufficient if anyone knows of one as well.

Here's some info (original design by R. G. Keen): http://jmkpcbs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Panner.pdf

I assume turning that schematic into a stripboard layout wouldn't be hard for someone with any experience doing so (and I know it's a bit of an artform), but I have never tried to translate a schematic to stripboard so I wouldn't really know where to start.

Any help would be appreciated!

I found this, which I think will suffice, although the Panner is a simpler circuit and easier to build.

In case anyone is looking, here's a stripboard layout version of the Paralyzer, which is like a more advanced version of the Panner: http://dirtboxlayouts.blogspot.com/2021/01/jmk-paralyzer.html

I haven't verified that build yet, but I did want to share it here in case anyone was looking for a better blend. @PedalPCB I'd love to get something like this from you someday!

I bought a Paralyser a few years ago as well. Maybe 2.

Just bought a bunch of the JMK stuff he has on sale recently; so maybe he's either getting rid of inventory to shut down or (more hopefully) to restock w/ new items/projects...

@Danbieranowski, what do you prefer to build on, vero or perf? Just curious.

I bought a Paralyser a few years ago as well. Maybe 2.

Just bought a bunch of the JMK stuff he has on sale recently; so maybe he's either getting rid of inventory to shut down or (more hopefully) to restock w/ new items/projects...

@Danbieranowski, what do you prefer to build on, vero or perf? Just curious.

I reached out to JMK and he said he's just waiting on a big order. So that's great news.

As for building, I prefer vero. The layouts seem easier with the strips already there.

Back