SOLVED JMK Pedals Paralyzer Issue

VanWhy

I'm not sure what's going on with this one. I built a PPCB Sandspur and a Uberfuzz and want to hook them up to the JMK Paralyzer which takes both circuits and mixes them in parallel with the ability to blend.

The problem is when I blend to one side I can get signal but when I blend to the other side I get no signal. When I probe the inputs of the circuits, I get signal for both just fine so they are both working.

One thing to note is that I did pull one of the pot pads on the bottom of the Paralyzer board. Anyone familiar with these boards know for certain that that could be the culprit? The top pad is still intact. If I need to solder to the trace I guess I can try that next.

I'm not using a phase inverter but I would think that you would just get something that sounds bad, not no signal. Not sure if these need a phase inverter.

It's a wiring mess now but I am including the pics.

Attachments

• 20231107_132213.jpg
    20231107_132213.jpg
    644.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20231107_132223.jpg
    20231107_132223.jpg
    510.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20231107_132226.jpg
    20231107_132226.jpg
    528.7 KB · Views: 6
Solution
Okay so I just went straight from the pot to the resistors it was going to and that fixed the no signal issue. It's still doesn't sound right since I think I need to add a phase inverter circuit to it. But for now I'm marking this one resolved.
paralyzer diagram error.png

Be careful if you're following the wiring diagram from the build document. There are two errors that I've circled in blue. They're right on the board but the little labels he added are backwards. S is ground, not T.

Have you played through both boards separately to determine they work independently? I use a lot of Paralyzers and when one side doesn't blend its always the unblending circuit itself, and not the paralyzer.

If they both work independently then it's most likely that pad you pulled, but double check the wiring vs his diagram error!

View attachment 60271

Be careful if you're following the wiring diagram from the build document. There are two errors that I've circled in blue. They're right on the board but the little labels he added are backwards. S is ground, not T.

Have you played through both boards separately to determine they work independently? I use a lot of Paralyzers and when one side doesn't blend its always the unblending circuit itself, and not the paralyzer.

If they both work independently then it's most likely that pad you pulled, but double check the wiring vs his diagram error!
Thanks for the response. I did notice the error. I think I have that right. Both the S on both side of the board I have going to the sleeves on both jacks. And the T on the board are going to both Outs of the PCBs.

I'm starting to think itmay just be the pad on the Paralyzer. I'm going to try messing with that.

Okay so I just went straight from the pot to the resistors it was going to and that fixed the no signal issue. It's still doesn't sound right since I think I need to add a phase inverter circuit to it. But for now I'm marking this one resolved.

Solution
Back