Kaleidoscope acting very weirdly

markseo

Hi, I have just finished a Kaleidoscope kit I bought from Musikding and Im pretty sure they throw in a different FV1 or something like that... The pedal doesnt seem to have any issues (led works, power works, audio in and out works, effect sounds when engaged, all knobs are responsive...). The problem is that it does nothing similar to a Daydream Delay, it actually seems to be some sort of multimodulation pedal. Mix and Volume knob do as stated (actually volume knob gives a nice extra od Im really liking). But the top 3 knobs seem to be, from left to right: reverb (it gives a nice reverb that goes from slapbacky/springy to bigger and more ambienty, I actually do like it), knob in the middle works as a rate/speed and the upper right knob seems to be like a depth/amount control. The 3 toggle switch selects between what seems to be a tremolo, a chorus/vibrato and a flanger.

I am guessing this is another FV1 chip with some multieffects programmed. I know nothing about the FV1, so this is a wild guess. Im kind of sad that this has happenned, but at the same time the 3 effects+reverb sound nice and I dont have a flanger or a tremolo (they effects I dont use that much though).

So is this something as simple as asking for a new FV1 and resoldering it, or this behaviour can be evidence of something else wrong during this build?

Thanks!

Reactions: fig
Have talked to Musikding, they must have mislabeled the eeprom they sent me. But now I have learned I actually have built a Pythagoras multiefx. Im now planning on getting more eeproms and use this as a multi multiefx pedal, hehe

Back