SOLVED Nutty Fuzz acting nutty

chris.knudson

So I built the nutty fuzz, and it all seems to be working fine. However, the level control seems to control the bypass signal and doesn't seem to do much when the pedal is engaged. I had to do a lot of off-board wiring on this one, and I don't know if screwed something up. It just doesn't make sense to me if this is a true bypass configuration, the level control shouldn't even be a factor. Any ideas?

1709355627532.png

Solution
The Nutty Fuzz is not compatible with the 3pdt board you've used. I'd recommend taking that bit out, and wiring to the footswitch directly
The Nutty Fuzz is not compatible with the 3pdt board you've used. I'd recommend taking that bit out, and wiring to the footswitch directly
Looks like there is 5 pads, basic wiring uses 4 pads. What's the 5th one for and then how is it wired ?

Edit: never mind, I was typing as @DGWVI gave the answer !

I suspected that there was something about the footswitch wiring that was causing the problem. It didn't make any sense to me that the level control should have any affect on the bypassed signal. I just wan't sure because I had to off-board wire all of the pots just to be able to get the thing in the box. And of course this happens in a pedal where I soldered the footswitch on using pin headers. :(

Back