SOLVED Kliche - output jack installed in enclosure = no sound

Hello all, got a Kliche up and running (installed a switch to swap between the clean version and the normal OD version, pretty cool!). Sorry if this has been covered a million times:

I got everything working outside the enclosure, so I installed everything in the box. No sound. Double checked my work, pulled out of the case and got sound; put back in the case, no sound.

Started removing things from the case one by one. First thing I removed was the output jack. Functions normally with that jack out of the case, but I guess the output is grounded when I install it in the case. I am not sure what's happening. Seems like a dumb easy problem, hopefully it is something stupid I am not thinking of. The build docs show some other kind of jacks that I am not familiar with so I just guessed which was hot and which was ground. Pics attached.

Edit: I should add that I checked for any contact between the output jack and other components when installed in the case and didn't see any parts making contact.

Doesn't work this way:
IMG_5970.JPEG

Works this way:
IMG_5971.JPEG

Back