Kliche SE sanding misadventure

slowpogo

I built the Kliche SE and hoped to use a Gorva enclosure. I checked the Gorva technical drawings and its stated inner width was wider than the Kliche SE PCB... but the board didn't fit.

So I sanded down the left and right sides of the PCB until it fit in the Gorva. About a millimeter each side. The sanding did bite into 4 visible traces on the board's edge -- I took note of the traces first and ran jumper wires to mend those connections.

Pedal didn't work initially, but using an audio probe, it actually works great up until Output lug 3 -- but Output lug 2 and the output jack are shorting to ground whether the pedal is on or off. SW1, SW2, and SW3 are all grounded all the time. I can't find any obvious shorts like solder bridges.

Seems obvious there were probably other traces broken by my sanding that were not visible on the surface (although I'm not sure how this would result in a ground loop?)

Last edited:
I destroyed a ITT 1N34A Ge Diode the other day after putting it in the wrong way on the Aphrodite, Shit Happens!
I blamed Robert as he usally has clipping pairs of Diodes opposite polarity to each other! ;)

Back