SOLVED Kliche Troubleshooting.. Where to start?

swelchy

Had a Kliche build I sold off reverb and it's been out in the wild working for almost a year and the guy let me know it stopped worked... got in back and sure enough it's totally dead. When I give it power and poke my multimeter right at the power in + and ground I get no voltage reading.... I continuity checked the 1N4742 and i'm getting a beep there so the diode isn't shot.. if power is stopping right at the top where do I go first?

tim-robinson-i-think-you-should-leave.gif

abandoned this one because I felt pretty beat up by the negative energy with this thread..... I got agitated by some of the comments and said fuck it

abandoned this one because I felt pretty beat up by the negative energy with this thread..... I got agitated by some of the comments and said fuck it
I will tell it like it is, your arrogance towards Locrian99 shows that yoy have no respect for someone trying to help you.
I gave you a detailed scenario of what you were experiencing with pictures & you still chose not to listen. ????
This is not the only time you have expressed your train of thought on other subject matter & other Members just refuse to help you!!!
I will be up front & tell you that I will not assist you anymore either!

guys I'm sorry.. you have no idea my state of mind right now. I'm in the middle of a horrible divorce situation.. just days ago I was seconds from taking my own life when I decided to take a call from a friend that knew something was wrong.... your right I was being a bit like a shit head.. that's just where my head is right now.. my whole world is falling out from under me and soon I will literally be homeless with no family to go to or a home.... that's just where I'm at right now and my attitude really sucks .. it's getting to me and eating me alive to leave my home and my boys.. I'm getting some help and have been to a counselor twice this week already.....

keep your head up dude. Life gets overwhelmingly brutal at times but it always gets better eventually even if it doesnt seem like there is any possible way. Help will come from some unseen place and you will be back to a better, albeit different situation. don't get stuck in the darkness.

guys I'm sorry.. you have no idea my state of mind right now. I'm in the middle of a horrible divorce situation.. just days ago I was seconds from taking my own life when I decided to take a call from a friend that knew something was wrong.... your right I was being a bit like a shit head.. that's just where my head is right now.. my whole world is falling out from under me and soon I will literally be homeless with no family to go to or a home.... that's just where I'm at right now and my attitude really sucks .. it's getting to me and eating me alive to leave my home and my boys.. I'm getting some help and have been to a counselor twice this week already.....
I did ask about your mindset & had read about your pending divorce in another thread.
I have been taking the same medication for Depression for 16 years & my life has been Great since then.
It took 4 types before I landed on the right one!
Don't be afraid to seek medical advice, counseling didn't work for me!
You need to take a break from the Forum & get help from the right people!

Regards music6000

Hopefully you'll get through it all especially for your kids

I went through a nasty divorce 17 years ago and ended up losing everything

The only thing that kept me going was my boys, speaking to my sis made me realise they were in this situation through no fault of their own and as children didn't deserve having their world ripped apart because, well, they didn't do anything

The emotions you feel are comparative to someone close to you passing

Shock, disbelief, sadness and anger a downward curve, a different kind of anger obviously but eventually you will get back to some kind of normality and get back on the upward part of the curve

How ever bad it gets try to keep your children in mind no matter what age they are they'll always need you around

My ex lied about everything and tried to put my kids against me and succeeded to some extent but big sis came in again and said your kids know you, they're not stupid, give it time and they'll realise, which is exactly what happened

So although you can't see it right now things will get better

You're welcome to PM me, your situation sounds a lot like the one I was in

OK to your kliche it does sound like D3 is indeed the culprit

As already said you shouldn't get continuity across it, if you do its shorting internally and basically dumping all your power to ground hence why you'll get no voltage reading on the DC jack

You can of course confirm this by taking a voltage reading beyond D3 at C17 + or pin 1 if the charge pump etc

Hopefully you'll get through it all especially for your kids

I went through a nasty divorce 17 years ago and ended up losing everything

The only thing that kept me going was my boys, speaking to my sis made me realise they were in this situation through no fault of their own and as children didn't deserve having their world ripped apart because, well, they didn't do anything

The emotions you feel are comparative to someone close to you passing

Shock, disbelief, sadness and anger a downward curve, a different kind of anger obviously but eventually you will get back to some kind of normality and get back on the upward part of the curve

How ever bad it gets try to keep your children in mind no matter what age they are they'll always need you around

My ex lied about everything and tried to put my kids against me and succeeded to some extent but big sis came in again and said your kids know you, they're not stupid, give it time and they'll realise, which is exactly what happened

So although you can't see it right now things will get better

You're welcome to PM me, your situation sounds a lot like the one I was in

OK to your kliche it does sound like D3 is indeed the culprit

As already said you shouldn't get continuity across it, if you do its shorting internally and basically dumping all your power to ground hence why you'll get no voltage reading on the DC jack

You can of course confirm this by taking a voltage reading beyond D3 at C17 + or pin 1 if the charge pump etc
After I got done with my pity part douche bag syndrome I poked around late last night and pulled the protection diode.... Duh. It indeed was faulty. I couldn't think straight and me getting continuity on both sides of the diode had my brain thinking that continuity was a good thing through a diode.. I was very wrong...HUMBLE PIE

Back