SOLVED Kliche Troubleshooting.. Where to start?

swelchy

Had a Kliche build I sold off reverb and it's been out in the wild working for almost a year and the guy let me know it stopped worked... got in back and sure enough it's totally dead. When I give it power and poke my multimeter right at the power in + and ground I get no voltage reading.... I continuity checked the 1N4742 and i'm getting a beep there so the diode isn't shot.. if power is stopping right at the top where do I go first?

I hope you got a support net around you and know where to call when you start to feel down, that's really important. It can be a friend and there is phone lines with people trained to support you. Don't forget life will eventually get better even if now it's hard to believe. I don't know your situation and how old are your kids, but surely they need their father.

I’m just going to say this because well I want to.

Read previous comments..before telling someone to pull components off board.
Previously stated I have continuity from the + at top of pcb and both ends of the 1N4742 diode.
several other points In getting a beep as well… getting continuity between + and one pin of each of the clipping diodes as well…

Please do not comment unless you look at the schematic and give me advice on what component to measure… Thanks

First a simple message saying hey I’m sorry for being a royal jerk when you were just trying to help me would’ve been very appropriate.

2nd no matter what is going on in your life there’s 0 reason to respond to someone that way. M

And who the blank are you to tell the people
You are asking for how they are supposed to provide the help.

You were a first class jerk in how you responded to the correct diagnosis of your problem to me. And there is zero excuse for treating someone who is trying to help you that way. I gained nothing by responding to your thread. Just trying to help you out a total stranger because we all like building pedals. I sent you a dm last night to reach out and you didn’t even bother to respond to that.

Seeing people blame whatever is going on in their life for poor behavior is a pretty lame excuse for being a bad human. Sorry to be blunt but I feel it needs to be said.

I’m just going to say this because well I want to.

First a simple message saying hey I’m sorry for being a royal jerk when you were just trying to help me would’ve been very appropriate.

2nd no matter what is going on in your life there’s 0 reason to respond to someone that way. M

And who the blank are you to tell the people
You are asking for how they are supposed to provide the help.

You were a first class jerk in how you responded to the correct diagnosis of your problem to me. And there is zero excuse for treating someone who is trying to help you that way. I gained nothing by responding to your thread. Just trying to help you out a total stranger because we all like building pedals. I sent you a dm last night to reach out and you didn’t even bother to respond to that.

Seeing people blame whatever is going on in their life for poor behavior is a pretty lame excuse for being a bad human. Sorry to be blunt but I feel it needs to be said.
Man… You guys are 110% correct.. I completely screwed up… My attitude does not belong here… I was entirely wrong and took my frustration and pain I’m holding and put it in pedal people….. I’ll step out for a while and won’t post here anymore

Man… You guys are 110% correct.. I completely screwed up… My attitude does not belong here… I was entirely wrong and took my frustration and pain I’m holding and put it in pedal people….. I’ll step out for a while and won’t post here anymore

@swelchy If you're going through all the things you mentioned earlier it's probably best not to pull away from everything and isolate yourself further. As @szukalski and @Erik S both said you've realised you made a mistake and being rude on an Internet forum isn't the end of the world.

Try and look after yourself and don't push away everything you enjoy. There's no need to leave the site but if you want/need time away then pop in regularly to shoot the shit and try to destress.

Bottom line is there's absolutely no need for you to stop posting in fact you should keep your mind occupied and stay amongst us like minded DIYers

Like a lot of things if you aren't going through it or have never been through it you'll never understand what it's like

Finger wagging is a pointless exercise the man's told us why and apologised and that should be the end of it

Back