DEMO Lectric-FX Mongrel FuzzOverdrive

This post contains an audio or video demo

VanWhy

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I've been trying out other vendors for PCBs so this is my first experience by Lectric-FX. This one was super cheap and looked like an easy one to start with. From the website description:
"An NPN transistor beat in to clipping by a hot signal from an opamp. With pre-gain and bias controls!"

It was an easy build. Documentation was adequate. I wasn't able to find out what this circuit was based off so it's kind of unique for me. It's like a overdrive/boost that gets a little fuzzy when cranked. I tried out about a dozen different Silicon and Ge NPN transistors. I didn't have many that were in the range the build was suggesting (90-120 hFE). I landed on a 2N1308 with ~185 hFE.

It sounds good. It's not at all the type of sound I am interested in. But it has its place.

Overall good build experience with Lectric-FX on this one. I will grab another board or 2 at some point.

I went with the Powell logo because I love skateboarding and thought this was always a cool logo. And it kind of works well on a pedal. The decal includes my signature 3 lines from my garbage inkjet printer. Is what it is. Oh and the pièce de résistance, a white washer garnish.

Edit: Updated with Demo per request from @MichaelW I figured he has blessed us with so many great demos it's the least I can do. Audio from a phone so you get what ya get lol

Attachments

• 20230728_230242.jpg
    20230728_230242.jpg
    594.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 20230728_230159.jpg
    20230728_230159.jpg
    736.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 20230728_225715.jpg
    20230728_225715.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I've been trying out other vendors for PCBs so this is my first experience by Lectric-FX. This one was super cheap and looked like an easy one to start with. From the website description:
"An NPN transistor beat in to clipping by a hot signal from an opamp. With pre-gain and bias controls!"

It was an easy build. Documentation was adequate. I wasn't able to find out what this circuit was based off so it's kind of unique for me. It's like a overdrive/boost that gets a little fuzzy when cranked. I tried out about a dozen different Silicon and Ge NPN transistors. I didn't have many that were in the range the build was suggesting (90-120 hFE). I landed on a 2N1308 with ~185 hFE.

It sounds good. It's not at all the type of sound I am interested in. But it has its place.

Overall good build experience with Lectric-FX on this one. I will grab another board or 2 at some point.

I went with the Powell logo because I love skateboarding and thought this was always a cool logo. And it kind of works well on a pedal. The decal includes my signature 3 lines from my garbage inkjet printer. Is what it is. Oh and the pièce de résistance, a white washer garnish.
We need to hear a demo of this!:)

Edit: Updated with Demo per request from @MichaelW I figured he has blessed us with so many great demos it's the least I can do. Audio from a phone so you get what ya get lol

Sounds great! I love these Fuzz/OD hybrid type pedals. I may have to try this one!

Back