Little question about the Breakout Boards

BurntFingers

Would it be feasible to just run a 1m (for example) pull down resistor from the IN the GND pads/lugs on the board to save space on the effect PCB?

Would it be feasible to just run a 1m (for example) pull down resistor from the IN the GND pads/lugs on the board to save space on the effect PCB?

Sure, you could do that.

The pull down is on the effect PCB because the breakout board is optional and it'd be messy if you were wiring up a 3PDT without a breakout board... also the value is different depending on the PCB.

Sure, you could do that.

The pull down is on the effect PCB because the breakout board is optional and it'd be messy if you were wiring up a 3PDT without a breakout board... also the value is different depending on the PCB.
I wondered if I was taking crazy pills... it seemed a little too easy and I got scared.

I'm also wondering about putting this little circuit on a 3pdt breakout board since I seem to get pops in some high gain circuits, even with the front/back pdr:

led1.gif

Splicing that circuit above between A1 and SW pad on a 22x24mm board. LED still on the PCB so it aligns with the enclosure. PDRs on input and ouput. What could go wrong?

Capture.JPG

Back
Top Bottom