Loafing Lounge

Sneak Peek!

Zh8SWkP.jpg

You might notice the somewhat unconventional use of a power rail.
Induction indecisiveness? That looks a little crazy... I like it! .... oh and nice sticker you got there.😁

This is my first successful circuit. Runoffgroove’s Ruby amp. I was really impressed with how it sounded.]

Any easy thing to try while you still have that on a breadboard is to swap out the input section with the ROG Fetzer Valve.

You then end to with the Fetzer-Ruby, which you can Google plenty of examples of. The Noisy Cricket is another easy amp to breadboard. Good luck

Here's a switchable Double Bazz Fuss with a Baxandall tone stack. I used 4148 diode in the first stage and a 1n4001 in the second stage. Input cap at 22n and the others are 100n. Was playing around with it this afternoon and I kinda like it. The switch is on the very left side of the pic. The first stage has some hiss that I need to get rid of, but this goes away when it goes into the 2nd stage.

1644268776226.png

PedalPCB Panspermia Fuzz. Similar to the Seppuku Space Fuzz. Stock values here. Was a bit hesitant to add a tone stack to it. Also here's a sound clip. I only have my phone so sorry for the shoddy camera work. Yes, that's a Cry Baby my phone is sitting on.

Decent sounds, but VERY sensitive to your guitar's volume. You'll have to dial it back a lot like I did. Or not. It is definitely a gated fuzz, meaning the transistors don't really work until some signal goes through them (double edged sword here).
1644352926233.png

I am feeling so many feelings right now after going through this thread: inspiration to start breadboarding for reals (so far I have only done it to work with microcontrollers), shame for having wasted the last 40 years without breadboarding, desire to smoke whatever that bear was smoking, and so many more...

Did you ever get this boxed up?
708CAC14-4C28-4718-AF07-C80C768E926F.jpeg DC39E4B0-76FB-4894-9836-9FFF2DDB7974.jpeg
Yes I did. This was also my first attempt at building a circuit on veroboard as well. Not surprisingly, my wiring is a mess but, surprisingly it worked first go around. Rather than buying a speaker and building a little cab for the Ruby. I elected to just add a speaker jack to my Blackstar fly extension cab and run my the amp into that. It worked out rather well and sounds pretty damn good.

Here’s a Red Llama into a Marshall tone stack/recovery stage. Upped the feedback resistor to 2.2m. Not bad considering the parts count

Attachments

• 3B7976F2-273B-4F5C-93D1-20647CAB2C86.jpeg
    3B7976F2-273B-4F5C-93D1-20647CAB2C86.jpeg
    433 KB · Views: 3
Back