Low Tide Build - Input FET info and artwork

Hello!

Thought I would share my artwork and issues in setting up this pedal. I'll say that the one issue I had was with the input FET. I used a J201 through hole, as I have a bunch of the from years ago. My advice would be to watch the pinout. It works be nice if the build document was compete and labeled the D S and G on the board to easily help people who are using different components. I had to investigate the through hole layout and then twist around the legs of the J201. Works perfectly.

20211226_152621.jpg

That looks sharp, love the cassette tape theme. =)

I am curious, however, why you had to twist the leads of the J201? The pinout should be a direct fit for a through-hole J201.

This was the FET right at the input. The 2sk208-Y. I used a J201 there. Usually I would just Google the pinout for the transistor on the board, but there doesn't seem to be a TO-92

... Hit send too soon...

There doesn't seem to be a TO-92 package for that transistor. So I had to look at the smd version and follow the traces to the through hole locations to map out the D S G locations.

Hello!

Thought I would share my artwork and issues in setting up this pedal. I'll say that the one issue I had was with the input FET. I used a J201 through hole, as I have a bunch of the from years ago. My advice would be to watch the pinout. It works be nice if the build document was compete and labeled the D S and G on the board to easily help people who are using different components. I had to investigate the through hole layout and then twist around the legs of the J201. Works perfectly.

View attachment 20317
Amazing art work!

This is one of those pedals that surprised me. I didn't know how useful it would be. It certainly sounded interesting in the demos so I figured what the hell. Glad I did. It's a very interesting effect that I know will prove useful in a variety of settings.

Back