Low Tide Modulator Mockup Pedal - Arriving Soon!

Ok, finished building it at last !
Aaaaaaannnnd ............ 🥁🥁🥁
Sounds like poo. It looks like the input is getting saturated quickly : sounds like cheap distorsion, even when mix is full CCW.... (tried padding, but still saturates, especially in the bass, even with a telecaster).
What do you people think ? A bad input transistor ? Would it be that microscopic 2SK208-Y which I sweated for when I soldered it ?
Apart from that, I can hear the low tide thing and the controls seem to respond. But... with a (cheap) fuzzy mood.

Ok, finished building it at last !
Aaaaaaannnnd ............ 🥁🥁🥁
Sounds like poo. It looks like the input is getting saturated quickly : sounds like cheap distorsion, even when mix is full CCW.... (tried padding, but still saturates, especially in the bass, even with a telecaster).
What do you people think ? A bad input transistor ? Would it be that microscopic 2SK208-Y which I sweated for when I soldered it ?
Apart from that, I can hear the low tide thing and the controls seem to respond. But... with a (cheap) fuzzy mood.
Have you set the adjusted the BBD trimmer?

Designed a TZF-Flanger for a major US FX-manufacturer with these chips in 2007.
Ooo, which one, the Spectre?? That's the only analog TZ flanger I'm aware of...
If that's the case, I thought Joel was the genius behind that one... Tell us more!

BTW, Puretube's 3207s are legit, I have no problem with the ones I have bought from him... They work great.

Hi there: been working a lot with BL3207 & BL3208 & BL3102 since 2004.
Had to buy them in bulk back then when they first came out as a direct-drop-in
remake/clone of the MN3207/-3208/-3102 directly from the Belling/Shanghai factory,
in order to get any at all. (long before C**laudio introduced their V3207/.../... clones).
They are pre-RoHS. - Readily available. NOS.
Find my username on Eb*y, or contact me through the forum.
We want the tzf scheme! 🤣

Hi there: been working a lot with BL3207 & BL3208 & BL3102 since 2004.
Had to buy them in bulk back then when they first came out as a direct-drop-in
remake/clone of the MN3207/-3208/-3102 directly from the Belling/Shanghai factory,
in order to get any at all. (long before C**laudio introduced their V3207/.../... clones).
They are pre-RoHS. - Readily available. NOS.
Find my username on Eb*y, or contact me through the forum.
Can vouch for the seller, they’re where I got the BL3207 in my Low Tide build (I bought four and all four worked in circuit just fine)

Correct, the signal should be clean.
Without the schematic, i can only suppose the trouble comes from the input stage (as the later effect seeemingly works OK, and as the mix at 0 already saturates) . There's this 2SK208-Y which seems to be an input buffer ? Also i see a 3904 close to that section but as i'm ignoring why it's there...

Find the Flanger Hoax schemo (or at least all the [to be pasted] complete neccessary fragments + important (!) notes) in the other forum (DIY stompboxes), about 10 or more years ago.
And: ooops - YES - I haven`t been aware of the existence of the "Spectre", until 10 minutes ago.
But feel free to ask Joel about my reputation concerning these matters ...

Last edited:
Fixed the input saturation by replacing the SMD 2SK208-Y with a J201. Now the pedal cries beautifully (swapped legs S & D to fit the pins)
Where did you get your 2SK208? I recently received some SMD JFETs that were actually MOSFETs or BJTs, so there is a risk of counterfeits from non-standard suppliers (eBay/AliExpress/Amazon/etc.).

Where did you get your 2SK208? I recently received some SMD JFETs that were actually MOSFETs or BJTs, so there is a risk of counterfeits from non-standard suppliers (eBay/AliExpress/Amazon/etc.).
I found them in the (non-standard-ish) Aliexpress...With no info at all accompanying it. And the components are so small I couldn't verify much. Happy I succeeded to desolder it without messing the rest.

I found them in the (non-standard-ish) Aliexpress...With no info at all accompanying it. And the components are so small I couldn't verify much. Happy I succeeded to desolder it without messing the rest.
The only reason I found out mine were fake was because I was using an SMD adapter PCB, so I could still use my transistor tester. You may want to do the same to figure out if they're legit.

I have an issue with the final project of low tide modulator the pedal is ready seems works fine and the effects works fine but the low pass filter (gate control) some times works only as a gain into the input signal and cutting the sound i hear the sound only when the gain let it . I try to setting the gate trimmer start works again fine but when i close the pedal and open again after a few hours the low pass filter again start works as gain the input sound coming and disappear as a wave and sometimes the setting on trimmer no helps alot because no have any space to set the trimmer .
You have any idea what happening ?
Thanks a lot

I have an issue with the final project of low tide modulator the pedal is ready seems works fine and the effects works fine but the low pass filter (gate control) some times works only as a gain into the input signal and cutting the sound i hear the sound only when the gain let it . I try to setting the gate trimmer start works again fine but when i close the pedal and open again after a few hours the low pass filter again start works as gain the input sound coming and disappear as a wave and sometimes the setting on trimmer no helps alot because no have any space to set the trimmer .
You have any idea what happening ?
Thanks a lot
I would start a troubleshooting thread with good clear pictures and a good description

Yes you are right
Thanks
I`m afraid I can`t help much with the LPG-section. (Where can I find more info on the original F*irfield circuit?). Don`t TRIM1 & TRIM2 miss a buffering decouple-cap from wiper to ground? And: why does the BBD only run on 5V? (It can stand 11V - at least the BL3207). (think: headroom/noise).

Back