Madbean Current Lover (Electric Mistress)

blackhatboojum

Much like the Man O’ War I recently built, the Current Lover was one of those “I’m gonna build that some day” builds for me. I’m happy to report that I pulled it off without issue. I’m even happier to report that, I’m currently in love with the Current Lover! It’s sweet, it’s rich, it’s lush, and what’s most shocking… it’s quiet. Seriously, I can’t believe how relatively low the noise floor is on this thing. Analog flangers are just inherently noisy. They all introduce some hiss and white noise. Especially in front of distortion. Now, Don’t get me wrong, it still has some sweeping white noise but, compared to all the other flangers I have and owned… this one is quiet. This was a surprise bonus to an already great sounding effect. Like my Man O’ War, I’m pretty proud of myself with this build. Just a year ago, my wiring looked like a bowl of spaghetti and my box caps looked like Harvey Dent’s face. Not so much anymore.

Included in this post is a brief and not so great demo video. I have no fancy camera or recording gear so, what you’re getting is an iPhone video. It does capture the essence of my favorite way to run a flanger. After delay. There’s something about flanging delay repeats that makes me really happy.

Special thanks and shout out to Chris aka @thewintersoldier. He graciously did some parts trading with me and help make this build possible.

F8FB2AA3-8738-4106-837C-DB97271457BD.jpeg
3FA7D355-CBF2-4E4C-9B66-4EFCAAFBC9EF.jpeg

Much like the Man O’ War I recently built, the Current Lover was one of those “I’m gonna build that some day” builds for me. I’m happy to report that I pulled it off without issue. I’m even happier to report that, I’m currently in love with the Current Lover! It’s sweet, it’s rich, it’s lush, and what’s most shocking… it’s quiet. Seriously, I can’t believe how relatively low the noise floor is on this thing. Analog flangers are just inherently noisy. They all introduce some hiss and white noise. Especially in front of distortion. Now, Don’t get me wrong, it still has some sweeping white noise but, compared to all the other flangers I have and owned… this one is quiet. This was a surprise bonus to an already great sounding effect. Like my Man O’ War, I’m pretty proud of myself with this build. Just a year ago, my wiring looked like a bowl of spaghetti and my box caps looked like Harvey Dent’s face. Not so much anymore.

Included in this post is a brief and not so great demo video. I have no fancy camera or recording gear so, what you’re getting is an iPhone video. It does capture the essence of my favorite way to run a flanger. After delay. There’s something about flanging delay repeats that makes me really happy.

Special thanks and shout out to Chris aka @thewintersoldier. He graciously did some parts trading with me and help make this build possible.

View attachment 25904
View attachment 25905

Very nice! Graphics came out great.

Back
Top Bottom