SOLVED Mesmerizer - LED Will Not Light

Nearing the end of a Mesmerizer build, and after some transistor swapping (2n5457's out, J201's in) it's sounding as advertised. Volume pot functional, speed and depth are A-OK. However I can't seem to get the 2 color LED to light... I read a few posts mentioning how one side might be brighter than the other, but I'm not even getting that.

Removed the LED and tested with a DMM and can get both red and green sides to light. So it's definitely not burned out. Reflowed the connections and made sure nothing was making unwanted contact, but no dice.

Is there a particular area or component that would be the first place to look? Checked and reflowed around the R16 & R17 1k and R14 & R15 1M resistors, all seems to be clean enough. Or would that be due to the 2n5457's being replaced with the J201's? Didn't get anything apart from a volume boost with the former.

Common anode (tayda sku a-3243). Tested with my DMM... positive to the center, negative to one side (lights red), then other side (lights green).

... and that's probably the problem. D'oh!
Thanks!

I had picked up the 2n5485's from Tayda back in February when they had a small amount in stock. Those seem to be working... it was the 2n5457's that gave me problems. Tried swapping in about 10 of those before giving up and using some J201s I had from GuitarPCB. Fired right up after adding those.

I had picked up the 2n5485's from Tayda back in February when they had a small amount in stock. Those seem to be working... it was the 2n5457's that gave me problems. Tried swapping in about 10 of those before giving up and using some J201s I had from GuitarPCB. Fired right up after adding those.
How first do you have to hit it you have to room Close to check on her Allen key and hit the Allen key to knock it lives did you research any of this yeah but it is still fucking screwed onto the motor so you gotta do not rocket league you got a new one another joke oh did you already get to screw up yeah you gotta put it that's why you get it off now Close it close it on the on the biggest island Richie have and then hit it so put the short and in the jaws of the long is out so you can hit it with a hammer but you might wanna make sure I'm not 100% sure if it dreads on

How first do you have to hit it you have to room Close to check on her Allen key and hit the Allen key to knock it lives did you research any of this yeah but it is still fucking screwed onto the motor so you gotta do not rocket league you got a new one another joke oh did you already get to screw up yeah you gotta put it that's why you get it off now Close it close it on the on the biggest island Richie have and then hit it so put the short and in the jaws of the long is out so you can hit it with a hammer but you might wanna make sure I'm not 100% sure if it dreads on
This response/post was an accident. And has nothing to do with nothing sorry about that

Back