Micro-Protoboard

fig

Village Idiot
Well that was a 10 minutes well spent!

I'd recommend some velcro tape or similar instead of the adhesive. That way you can switch projects out.

Check it out!

RLKqvGq.jpg

yeah, Deja Vu ...oh man, now that song is in my head.

If I had ever been here before,
on another time around the wheel,
I would probably know just how to deal,
.....with all, of you.

man they had some good drugs...oh yeah breadboard...right.

Still building the DSOMBF...Double-shot of my baby's fuzz (yeah yeah). If you don't know the tune then that's gonna sound downright nasty.....okay maybe it is anyway, but fuzz pedals do have that rep...is rep still a hip word?

Here's the song; If you DO remember it, give a shout if you dare.

GPCB has a "Double Shot" , but it's a boost not a fuzz. Add some hard-clipping diodes and it'd be an instant Double Shot of Fuzz.

Have you got a schematic of the "Fig's Funky Five-Minute Fuzz"?

Oh, it's just a regular 'ol Fuzz Face sans any controls. I just thought the name was cute. You could breadboard one blindfolded......well maybe not, too difficult to distinguish resistor values by taste....do they make flavored resistors by chance?

Well to me the 470k tastes like banana-chips, but the 47k taste like bananas, I'm not too keen on 4k7, they taste like banana-flowers.

I haven't tried other decade-delicacies yet.

That's a cool idea with the boost circuit! (putting that on the list). I guess if you also add a tone stack and you'd have the TSPA.

Today I'm going to attempt a Rat circuit, the Muroidea Distortion. I recently acquired some LM308s and I'm fixed with FETs.

Here's the schematic...
page3image21734336

I'll try some different Vf Ge diodes. I haven't researched if there is any standard value. I have an LTSpice sim for this as well, though I did not author it.

I'll take a pic as each of the 4 stages are added. Its not like I have to finish the roll, take it to the drugstore and hang around for a week until they are ready.......anymore.

I welcome comments and critique. Especially pithy ones. Pith is like a cool summer breeze on your face. Well ...no, nothing like that.

So let me clean the dryer screen and ditch that tired old fuzz for some rockin-rodent!

I'm putting this on-hold until someone gets the LM308 I promised them but never mailed.

Geeze Fig, no need to get pithy about it.

If by chance the mailout you're referring to is for me, just take a couple of the LM308s out of the mailer — Rat-atat Fig Rig Full Speed Ahead!

Gotta keep thread momentum going...

What happened is that I neglected to mail someone (else) theirs, so its only fair that I wait too....else I'd be the real rat here.

I did build out most of Bruce's boost and boost you spoke of, and added symmetrical 1N4148s between those stages and left out the switches. I may try asymmetrical as well to make it a bit cleaner/bolder, or repurpose that switch to choose between High & Mighty, or Down & Dirty.

Here's a crappy pic, LOL

lVoO1RW.jpg

Last edited:
Here it is on the scope..sorry..I need a better camera than my phone has. We have a DLSR somewhere.
Having that 2nd probe working makes a lot of difference.

So, it is a medium-ish looking / sounding clip to me..what else does it need...or does it (sounds pretty slick)? A super buff? A loop?

BiEjE1g.jpg

Here it is on the scope..sorry..I need a better camera than my phone has. We have a DLSR somewhere.
Having that 2nd probe working makes a lot of difference.

So, it is a medium-ish looking / sounding clip to me..what else does it need...or does it (sounds pretty slick)? A super buff? A loop?

BiEjE1g.jpg
I’m thinking about building another one that allows me to mix and match diodes: Si, Ge, LED (red, naturally). I have a TL071 in my Rat currently. I like it. More than I though I would…

yeah, Deja Vu ...oh man, now that song is in my head.

If I had ever been here before,
on another time around the wheel,
I would probably know just how to deal,
.....with all, of you.

man they had some good drugs...oh yeah breadboard...right.

Still building the DSOMBF...Double-shot of my baby's fuzz (yeah yeah). If you don't know the tune then that's gonna sound downright nasty.....okay maybe it is anyway, but fuzz pedals do have that rep...is rep still a hip word?

Here's the song; If you DO remember it, give a shout if you dare.

Do you remember the Catalina's?

• Love
Reactions: fig
Back