• International Mail Service Disruptions
    A large number of international shipments have been disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic. International shipments may experience longer than normal delivery times.
    Read more…

New Relay Bypass Module (Instant Switching)

jubal81

Would it be possible to add some simple programming to the program? It'd be pretty useful to make it so holding down multiple buttons simultaniously for 5 seconds puts them in a group where they turn each other off if activated. Hold down a lone button to make it independent.

This would allow for stacking or 'one-of-X' operation.

PedalPCB

Administrator
Staff member
Would it be possible to add some simple programming to the program? It'd be pretty useful to make it so holding down multiple buttons simultaniously for 5 seconds puts them in a group where they turn each other off if activated. Hold down a lone button to make it independent.

This would allow for stacking or 'one-of-X' operation.
Not in this particular version, but you could hard wire them in groups. This is aimed at one-at-a-time channel switching type behavior.

the intelligent relay pcb is about to be updated?
I just built 8 of them. :/

I also had two questions about them:

Any way to add led when using the old relay board for a external bypass looper?

And when not mating to one of your other pcb what is the SW pad for?

Last edited:

PedalPCB

Administrator
Staff member
the intelligent relay pcb is about to be updated?
I just built 8 of them. :/

I also had two questions about them:

Any way to add led when using the old relay board for a external bypass looper?

And when not mating to one of your other pcb what is the SW pad for?
This will most likely be a separate release, not a replacement for the existing module. The channel switching module loses the momentary and auto-on functions of the Intelligent Relay Bypass module.

The SW pad is the ground path for the LED on PedalPCB boards. It can be ignored for any other build that doesn't require it.

You can connect an LED directly to the relay bypass board if desired:
Replace R1 with a 1K resistor (instead of 10K)
Omit Q1, install LED Anode/Cathode in pads of Q1 as shown below

Relay.png