DEMO My first 1590A - A very special thank you (Quiet Boost by Fuzz Dog Pedal Parts)

This post contains an audio or video demo

UtilityBeltFX

1000006667.jpg

Some of you may remember when I posted that I built a pedal for Mark Hoppus.

That opportunity, plus the added bonus that he shared it on his Instagram story to his 1 million followers brought a lot of attention and legitimacy to my tiny little company of one, that's barely a year old.

It was important to me to do something special for his bass tech Brian who facilitated the whole exchange. He could have just said 'No' or ignored me outright, but not only did he allow me to send Mark a pedal, he made sure it got to him on tour all the way in Portugal!

While on the tour, Brian was constantly posting tiny beers he was sampling in European Bars so I decided to build an ode to that.

Enter the Tiny Beer Boost. My first foray into 1590A builds. I opted for the Fuzz Dog Quiet Boost. It's comparable to a ZVEX Super Hard-On, but without the crackle of the FET biasing when you turn the knob. It sounds EXCELLENT. See my playthrough demo below.

1000006393.jpg
1000006745.jpg

I highly recommend this circuit as it has like single digit parts and sounds phenomenal.

I'm already planning a short run of these in a special enclosure I'll hopefully show off soon. The hardest part was making sure I had the drilling correct, but I'm gonna let Tayda handle that from here on out.

Last edited:
Back