NAMM 2024

vigilante398

Authorized Vendor
Time for my annual "is anyone going to NAMM this year?" post :p

It's a little earlier than usual this year since I'm finally getting a booth, so I have to plan further ahead. I'll be in the "Innovator Showcase" with all the other little guys in the back, I'm booth 4246. I'm mostly going to be pushing Sushi Box, but I'm planning to bring a couple Conspiracy to Commit projects to show off for the DIYers as well.

I'll probably have a couple extra badges I can get out for people that want to go, but I have to find out how many of my allotment I'll actually need first. But I do get an unlimited amount of half-price badges, so nobody buy a full-price badge if you're planning to go 😁

I'll probably attend since it's in my backyard. I had a really good time last year.

Last time I attended was probably 20 years ago and it was massive. I like how it felt smaller this last time, a bit more loose and open, I guess.

I'll probably attend since it's in my backyard. I had a really good time last year.

Last time I attended was probably 20 years ago and it was massive. I like how it felt smaller this last time, a bit more loose and open, I guess.
I'm hoping to get my people lined up within the next month, then I can see how many badges I have left over and I can hook you up. I think I can everyone exhibitor badges so you can get into the show before the masses.

I've been planning to attend for the last few years. I have friends with music shop connections that always say they'll get me in but it never works out. I'd be interested in a badge if history repeats.

I'm hoping to get my people lined up within the next month, then I can see how many badges I have left over and I can hook you up. I think I can everyone exhibitor badges so you can get into the show before the masses.

That'd be rad, thanks. I do plan on going regardless, though, so feel free to give it to someone else if needed.

Last year I got a "buyer" badge because I wasn't paying attention when checking out and got lots of people running up with business cards trying to start conversations with me about purchasing parts when I'm just trying to look at cool stuff 😂

That'd be rad, thanks. I do plan on going regardless, though, so feel free to give it to someone else if needed.

Last year I got a "buyer" badge because I wasn't paying attention when checking out and got lots of people running up with business cards trying to start conversations with me about purchasing parts when I'm just trying to look at cool stuff 😂
Yeah people definitely look at those. The first year I went I had a "buyer guest" badge, so people would start walking up to me then see the "guest" part and walk away :p

Yeah people definitely look at those. The first year I went I had a "buyer guest" badge, so people would start walking up to me then see the "guest" part and walk away :p
Red badges are a huge bonus, I noticed a really substantial difference when I had one for the first time in 2020. If you can get me an Exhibitor or Demonstrator badge I'll definitely be happy to pimp your booth and run a few errands as needed, but I'd be happy to do that regardless. I may already have it covered via my usual crew at Marco Bass though, as we've discussed. Their booth is not too far from yours, and I should know more in a few days when I find out what my work order looks like for this year. I already have my flights and hotel booked, hope to meet some more folks from this forum too.

Last edited:
Alright, so I've used up all of my complimentary badges, but if anyone still wants to get in I can get more exhibitor badges for half what it costs to just buy a general admission badge. So if anyone needs a badge and doesn't have one yet, let me know.

Have a great show! My trip is on hold for now, just too many other expenses and priorities in play at the moment. But I went on like three days notice one time, so anything is possible.

Have a great show! My trip is on hold for now, just too many other expenses and priorities in play at the moment. But I went on like three days notice one time, so anything is possible.
Dang, well I hope everything works out for you and you can make it, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it enough for everyone 🎸

Dang, well I hope everything works out for you and you can make it, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it enough for everyone 🎸
I can probably still hook you up with a bass or two if needed, I'll remind Marco the next time I get over to his shop. A lot of the people I would normally be trying to sell stuff to aren't going this year, but I think that could be great for guys like you and Marco actually.

I can probably still hook you up with a bass or two if needed, I'll remind Marco the next time I get over to his shop. A lot of the people I would normally be trying to sell stuff to aren't going this year, but I think that could be great for guys like you and Marco actually.
That would be great, my other lead on basses for the booth fell through so I would love to get a couple Marco basses if possible!

That would be great, my other lead on basses for the booth fell through so I would love to get a couple Marco basses if possible!

I'll check in with some of his booth slaves and endorsers too, usually those guys bring in some of their personal ones too. The last time I went he had basses in four or five other booths and we had some very cool stuff from a few of those booths in Marco World, so it was a win all the way around. He builds killer guitars too, FWIW, but I'm not sure if he's started back in production on that end.

I'll check in with some of his booth slaves and endorsers too, usually those guys bring in some of their personal ones too. The last time I went he had basses in four or five other booths and we had some very cool stuff from a few of those booths in Marco World, so it was a win all the way around. He builds killer guitars too, FWIW, but I'm not sure if he's started back in production on that end.
Ah gotcha. Yeah I'm going to try to get at least one guitar in there, but I know bassists are going to be most of the people there. And I think I said this earlier, but I'm totally happy to have some pedals in his booth as well.

Ah gotcha. Yeah I'm going to try to get at least one guitar in there, but I know bassists are going to be most of the people there. And I think I said this earlier, but I'm totally happy to have some pedals in his booth as well.
He definitely would expect something in like kind, and always likes to to support up and coming small businesses whenever possible. I have a few other ideas for basses for you as well, I'll PM with details as things progress. But Marco has a really good following at NAMM and people often have to wait a good while to demo stuff at his booth, so that seems like the best fit really. I'm not biased or anything though, of course. :cool:

Alright, so I've used up all of my complimentary badges, but if anyone still wants to get in I can get more exhibitor badges for half what it costs to just buy a general admission badge. So if anyone needs a badge and doesn't have one yet, let me know.
I might be interested in 2- can I still let you know in about a week or 2? Thanks so much

Back