Next in the highly inspired series - the dream fuzz

Nic

I'm on a fuzz quest. Still have a couple more to build.

This time, I've built the dream fuzz. My wife bought the OpAmp Big Muff as her fisrt pedal and after a while sold it. Lately she started saying maybe she should have kept it. I already had the board so I made it next in what I now call my "inghly inspired series" or cough... cough... copy series. At least it's visibly a copy.

The layout is basically the same as my green muff, except for the added sub-mini switch that sits perfectly between the tone pot and both jacks. That's a challenge to fit everything in a 1590B, but I managed it. Soldering the IC to the board is a first for me, but I needed the space. I also had to lay down some electros.

I used isolated switched jacks that I had to modify much. I removed the switching lugs, moved all the lugs on the other side for one jack and removed almost 2mm of plastic so the board would rest low enough.

Here it is !

At first, my pots were rotated, but no need.
20240220_110606.jpg

20240310_141541.jpg

20240310_141355.jpg

I own the Op amp version and love it! I made a green russian but didnt like how it sounded with GE diodes, so i need to make another!

Reactions: Nic
I'm on a fuzz quest. Still have a couple more to build.

This time, I've built the dream fuzz. My wife bought the OpAmp Big Muff as her fisrt pedal and after a while sold it. Lately she started saying maybe she should have kept it. I already had the board so I made it next in what I now call my "inghly inspired series" or cough... cough... copy series. At least it's visibly a copy.

The layout is basically the same as my green muff, except for the added sub-mini switch that sits perfectly between the tone pot and both jacks. That's a challenge to fit everything in a 1590B, but I managed it. Soldering the IC to the board is a first for me, but I needed the space. I also had to lay down some electros.

I used isolated switched jacks that I had to modify much. I removed the switching lugs, moved all the lugs on the other side for one jack and removed almost 2mm of plastic so the board would rest low enough.

Here it is !

At first, my pots were rotated, but no need.
View attachment 70420

View attachment 70421

View attachment 70422
Nice!

Reactions: Nic
Back