NO LEDS Byrd Box and PCB594 Breakout

bassrep

Can we assume, based on the fact that there are no instructions for the 594 that the ins and outs are the same positions as the 313? I hate it when you get to the end (supporting the pcb mfr by buying their accessories) and get ready to fire the thing up and there's a wiring guessing game. Argh. Anyone have some "input"? (see what I did there? "input"?)

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Image 1.jpeg
    Image 1.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 12
NEWS FLASH! So I got a little crazy and started testing this and that, with a meter, with wire and solder, and THIS is what I found... If I connect the Anode to the PCB and the Cathode to the 3PDT board, the LED works. Otherwise, I got nothin. Seems like a very funky wiring diagram?Please excuse the slop, I get sloppy when I get angry.

Attachments

• IMG_6011.jpeg
    IMG_6011.jpeg
    510.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6013.jpeg
    IMG_6013.jpeg
    467.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6012.jpeg
    IMG_6012.jpeg
    476.1 KB · Views: 13
NEWS FLASH! So I got a little crazy and started testing this and that, with a meter, with wire and solder, and THIS is what I found... If I connect the Anode to the PCB and the Cathode to the 3PDT board, the LED works. Otherwise, I got nothin. Seems like a very funky wiring diagram?Please excuse the slop, I get sloppy when I get angry.
If you use the LED on the breakout board, you will have to jumper the LED pads on the PCB. Like below.

1726517557663.png

Last edited:
If you use the LED on the breakout board, you will have to jumper the LED pads on the PCB. Like below.

View attachment 82143
Thanks man, I finally "guessed" along with my multi meter, but wouldn't it be nice ain't just a John Sebastian song. How the heck can guys put out stuff like this, expecting our loyal patronage, when they AIN'T given all y'alls destructions? Uh, instructions.

Thanks man, I finally "guessed" along with my multi meter, but wouldn't it be nice ain't just a John Sebastian song. How the heck can guys put out stuff like this, expecting our loyal patronage, when they AIN'T given all y'alls destructions? Uh, instructions.
I mean, it’s kind of obvious, not to be a dick or anything. The led is moved to the breakout, and if you follow the traces or the schematic, the power goes to led>CLR>switch. Without the jumper, the power doesn’t make its way down to that led. Same with the ones with room for the trim pot. You jumper both the led and the CLR on the board. 👍🏼

I've only built 40-50 pedals, and it wasn't all that obvious to me! I don't design the stuff, not to be a dick about it, I just would have expected there to be some info on the website that made it a bit easier to grok. Thanks for your input.

Back