No sound from my muffin factory

Ariffle

So I just got my muffin factory all out together and I don't get any signal with the effect on, I get guitar in bypass but not when it's click on. Led comes on though. Just super anyoing after putting all the parts in and filling everything super carefully

• Sad
Reactions: fig
First thing I would do is audio probe it. Check to see if you’ve got audio at the input. If you do then check at the 2nd leg of the sustain pot, none there you’re problem is between there and the input. If you do there then check after the first clipping stage etc until you lose signal then trace back and find where you are losing it.

First thing I would do is audio probe it. Check to see if you’ve got audio at the input. If you do then check at the 2nd leg of the sustain pot, none there you’re problem is between there and the input. If you do there then check after the first clipping stage etc until you lose signal then trace back and find where you are losing it.
How do I go about audio probing?

There’s a few different ways to make one, I’d suggest googling it watch a couple videos/read articles on making one and find the method that you like. I have a piece of wire with a cap that attaches to my test box, but without a test box you’ll need a jack

There’s a few different ways to make one, I’d suggest googling it watch a couple videos/read articles on making one and find the method that you like. I have a piece of wire with a cap that attaches to my test box, but without a test box you’ll need a jack
I have jacks laying around but I don't have a signal generator or someone to pay a guitar

I have jacks laying around but I don't have a signal generator or someone to pay a guitar
I put my guitar on a stand poke the wire to the part and with my other hand slap the low e. This is likely going to be the best way to find the problem in my mind. Aside from a good thorough visual inspection in which you presume everything is wrong until you see it is right (I say this because I found I often glance over errors because I assume I did it right, well if I did it right it would be working). Oh and you should post your voltages that would be helpful.

Depending on your email app, if you email the pics to yourself it may say "this picture is freaking huge, you wanna send a smaller one?" and give you the option of selecting a size. Then you save those and post them.

Back