Nobles build.

Dan0h

Saw some YouTube’s, had to build one, it’s cool.
Likes: warm low end, does chords around the 12th frets really good.
Dislikes: Have to pretty much dime the “spectrum” or it’s just too dark, might just be my rig, also seems to be a lot of noise when the gain is up and the gain has to be up.

I dig this brown sugar sparkle with these knobs. Not going to stay on my board but it’s not going in a box yet, I can see a use for it. It will sit on the shelf next to my string slinger build. A52DE7B7-EFE0-4C7F-8B89-045A42B7B03E.jpeg B7EC7FEC-2160-4E7A-B2E0-B1769FF92710.jpeg

Cheers again to Mr. @fig build #2.

Saw some YouTube’s, had to build one, it’s cool.
Likes: warm low end, does chords around the 12th frets really good.
Dislikes: Have to pretty much dime the “spectrum” or it’s just too dark, might just be my rig, also seems to be a lot of noise when the gain is up and the gain has to be up.

I dig this brown sugar sparkle with these knobs. Not going to stay on my board but it’s not going in a box yet, I can see a use for it. It will sit on the shelf next to my string slinger build. View attachment 27552View attachment 27553

Cheers again to Mr. @fig build #2.
No, not your rig, the low end emphasis of the stock ODR-1 is a known issue and chief complaint of that pedal despite it's popularity. I know that it's often touted as the "Nashville Secret Weapon" and it always sounds good when I hear Tim Pierce or Tom Bukovac use it. But I've never been able to get it sound very good without a lot of eq compensation for all that bass. The Aion version of this circuit adds a bass control that lets you dial out some of the bass. They also have a board for Nordland ODR-C, which is the updated version of the ODR-1 with better bass control and some cool clipping options. One other thing to note, the Green Side of the Pro-10 dual is a modified ODR-1 without all the bass and sounds really good and usable.

No, not your rig, the low end emphasis of the stock ODR-1 is a known issue and chief complaint of that pedal despite it's popularity. I know that it's often touted as the "Nashville Secret Weapon" and it always sounds good when I hear Tim Pierce or Tom Bukovac use it. But I've never been able to get it sound very good without a lot of eq compensation for all that bass. The Aion version of this circuit adds a bass control that lets you dial out some of the bass. They also have a board for Nordland ODR-C, which is the updated version of the ODR-1 with better bass control and some cool clipping options. One other thing to note, the Green Side of the Pro-10 dual is a modified ODR-1 without all the bass and sounds really good and usable.
Cool. I was a little bummed thinking I will have two nobles when I finish my Protien but now I’m excited to hear the difference between the stand alone and Proteins take on it. Oddly enough, I used to worship the low end and now I’m feeling more of the low mids to mids. Funny how tastes change over time.

Back
Top Bottom