Non-Stompbox Uses for Intelligent Switching

Big Monk

My new switcher has me contemplating some outside the box uses for the intelligent relay bypass modules.

The Joyo PXL-8 Pro has 4 trigger outputs. I'm thinking it may be possible to use these triggers for interloop switching.

For Instance, say I have an XC Phase and an Electrovibe Mini in my "Phase" loop in the switcher. If I were to instead send the input and output of the loop to a box that had intelligent bypass boards, and the bypass boards were always energized, I'm wondering if I could send a trigger output from the switcher to turn the effects on and off with the intelligent bypass boards.

To go one step further, if I had the capability to do radio/flip-flop switching, I could send a signal to flop between them.

@PedalPCB, what do you think?

Reactions: fig
Oh, no sir..this was something I was also pondering possibilities, and also interested which direction(s) Robert will take.

Oh good!

The Joyo Switcher basically has it's own relays doing switching on the trigger outputs so I believe if you were to wire the relay boards as normally energized, the triggers could perform switching, which is what I am interested in, as well as the capability for the trigger to flip-flop between the two pedals.

I would have a box under the board that housed the switching.

As a real-world example, let's say I have 2 presets for banging around on Pink Floyd songs. One is a "Breathe" preset where I want Univibe and the other is a "Shine On..." preset where I want the phaser.

Within those 2 presets, I think I should be able to set a single trigger to an opposite behavior of the other so the trigger will flip-flop the under-board relay circuit and switch between the two, allowing me to have switching without having to switch manually between the two.

Back