NOTAKLICHÉ PCB - Arriving Soon!

@Robert so is it a part for part Klone with a Clipping switch?

For the most part.

The NOTAKLON uses schottky diodes instead of germanium and is true bypass. The Shamrock switch throws a pair of LEDs in parallel with the schottky diodes and drops the value of R15 (in the Kliche) to 27K.

The power supply is a bit more complicated than the original but delivers the same voltages. Thankfully no diode to ground polarity protection.

It also uses quite a few series / parallel resistor pairs to simplify the BOM.

For the NOTAKLICHE I kept the original buffered bypass and left the footprints for the clipping diodes sized for germanium so either could be used.

I used the same non-destructive power supply as the Kliche Mini SE since this is basically just a modified version of that project.

I also kept the single equivalent resistors rather than adding a bunch of extras all over the place.

Oh, and yeah, the NOTAKLICHE does require some soldering.... :ROFLMAO:

The NOTAKLON uses schottky diodes instead of germanium and is true bypass. The Shamrock switch throws a pair of LEDs in parallel with the schottky diodes and drops the value of R15 (in the Kliche) to 27K.
This seems... odd? Schottkies in parallel with LEDs would basically make the LEDs useless anyway, as only the lower forward voltage drop diodes will clip.

This is all your fault Robert...

... the poor Pelycosaur looks shocked and scandalized at the revelation... I'll probably add some additional snarky text somewhere... :D

1712598229032.png

Edit - okay I've now brought it full circle with my other not Klon clones (at least in spirit)

1712609242780.png

Though on further reflection I may like it rearranged this way better:

1712609619942.png

Last edited:
This is all your fault Robert...

... the poor Pelycosaur looks shocked and scandalized at the revelation... I'll probably add some additional snarky text somewhere... :D

View attachment 72584

Edit - okay I've now brought it full circle with my other not Klon clones (at least in spirit)

View attachment 72606

Though on further reflection I may like it rearranged this way better:

View attachment 72608
Would also be hilarious if it was a platypus.

Unfortunately my favorite two platypi are both copyrighted, and how can you choose between this guy:
View attachment 72670

... and this guy:

View attachment 72672

They're both so cool and distinctive... ;) :D
Well, one is just a regular household platypus. The other is AGENT P!

PS: I'm not saying Perry got laser engraved into the automotive colorcast purple 1590B Purple Platypus project I made, but if he showed up there, 🤔

Back