Nuclear Furnace - (Parenthesis Fuzz) - Build Report and Revisions

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
This was my (I believe) third pedal and second Pedal PCB project. I REALLY love the way it sounds. On future versions, though, I need better output from the GE's. I tested the GE's but may have selected an underwhelming pair. The leads were extremely corroded (NOS), but I did clean them good with super fine sand paper.

The project was fairly straightforward and I learned some lessons with the most important being install pots into the enclosure first and then solder them to the board to keep from them being way out of line. Also, round the corners of your UV print it you're using the full extents.

IMG_1446.JPEG

IMG_1445.JPEG
IMG_1448.JPEG

I have another one in the works that I'll post in this thread as an update to keep up with my progress.

Form my experience with GE clipping diodes ( which has honestly only been a few pedals) they by nature have a lower output, I have heard some people subbing Bat series diodes for GEs not sure if they help with the lower output or not never tried it myself but something to look into.

Form my experience with GE clipping diodes ( which has honestly only been a few pedals) they by nature have a lower output, I have heard some people subbing Bat series diodes for GEs not sure if they help with the lower output or not never tried it myself but something to look into.
That's good to know. I'll probably stick with the GE's. I was really surprised at just how much that OPAMP screams.

Back