OPENHAUS ORIGINAL LAYOUT

djmiyta

Once again my lack of thoroughly checking into something BEFORE I ask or post has gotten us here. I (we ) can move on now from the openhaus since I found a very nice layout.

title says original layout but I am not positive if it is or not doesn't matter to me its a working one

Attachments

• Openhaus_PCB-01.jpg
    Openhaus_PCB-01.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Openhaus_PCB-02.jpg
    Openhaus_PCB-02.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the help in trying to build the Openhaus.
Unfortunately the 4th time was not a charm and it does not work
I built the above layout twice and 2 other layouts. None worked for me.
I did find a mistake on my build but only after I had tried to use it.
the 15 volt regulator would get way hot, too hot to touch, so looking over my build I saw that I did not install the C1 electro positive lead correctly and had it going to ground. After repairing that I fired it up and the voltage regulator was immediately super hot again. I was still using the same one. Is it possible I fried it when C1 was not put in correctly and once corrected there was no difference cause it got fried the first time I applied power?
For anyone who cares here is the schematic and another pic of the same layout with parts values

Attachments

• TONECZAR_Openhaus SCHEME.pdf
    78.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 002- openhaus layout.jpg
    002- openhaus layout.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 13
How does it sound for you? It looks like a boosted germanium fuzz face with a lot of EQ, but tuned for metal? I haven't seen any commercial PCB's anywhere. I'll probably have to try a stripboard build.

How does it sound for you? It looks like a boosted germanium fuzz face with a lot of EQ, but tuned for metal? I haven't seen any commercial PCB's anywhere. I'll probably have to try a stripboard build.
Did you mean the pedal itself or my build cause my latest build does not pass signal. I've built 2 different stripboard/tagboard builds and neither worked. have built the Sabro Lighthaus which is one of my favorite pedals. Stacks really well just a stripped down version of the openhaus but I like it so much I figured the real deal would probably be killer

Finally! Changing IC4 to TL072 I got signal to the output jack.
I’m using 2N1304 instead of 1306 cause I got them by mistake. Since I only got to hear the signal for a sec or two with everything cranked up I’m not hearing cranking hi gain. Since 1304’s are less Hfe than 1306 I assume is why I don’t get any crunchy distortion
Gonna pull the trannys outta my lighthaus build and hope I can get the crunch outta it
I don’t know why the original IC4 would’nt pass signal I guess it was time to actually come across a faulty chip 20 + years and thats my first time.

Anybody know how or why I can get the distortion to flow ? Again I’m thinking the 2n1304 are the reason.

So Bean to let you know your layout is good except the couple of things we talked about in the above text but until I get distortion out of it not a 100% but I’m very hopeful and will update as soon as I do

Back