Optimal hfe for BC550C in Triangulum Boost?

cgreg714

Against my better judgement, I'm going to try and build a Triangulum Boost. I can only find BC550C transistors on pedalhacker, and they offer two types, one with a typical hfe in the 600 range, and another kind that runs from 450-900. Any suggestions on what I should be grabbing to throw in this build?

Thanks,
C

I tried some Bc550Bs from Tayda which run 200-450 and it sounds good... I wish I would have got the Cs. But if it’s running over 450 it should you should be just fine. It’s definitely tightens up the lower end on a high gain amp. It’s nice if you play an extended range guitar or low tunings.

I tried some Bc550Bs from Tayda which run 200-450 and it sounds good... I wish I would have got the Cs. But if it’s running over 450 it should you should be just fine. It’s definitely tightens up the lower end on a high gain amp. It’s nice if you play an extended range guitar or low tunings.
Alright, thanks for the info. I'll probably just end up going with the ones that are all in the 600 range. Sounds like the pedal is going to do exactly what I need it to do; tighten up my 6505+. Now I just hope that this ends up being the build that breaks my current curse of botched builds. If not, I'm probably gonna sell all my pedal building stuff and just buy a damn Fortin 33.

I really like it I also built a isosceles, but it’s basically the same thing, the grind and preamp settlings are useful but the differences are slight I just prefer the Triangulum for its simplicity. Take your time, it’s not a race.. if you haven’t read this thread I highly suggest it.

Back
Top Bottom