Ordering from Mouser.

Huntress

Question for experts. I want to order my components from Mouser and I want to send them a list of parts. But they have asked me to provide manufactures of said parts I want to order. The issue is there is no manufacturer names listed on the list of parts I need from the PedalPCB documents that I have. How do I tell them what parts I need without any manufacturer names?

I usually have to search out the parts I want. PedalPCB doesn’t supply a mouser list with the mouser number or manufacturer of the part. AionFx does provide a list for parts for Mouser. Tayda electronics is another online store for parts. Stompboxparts also does a wonderful job too. They are probably my favorite. Their website is easy to navigate, costs are fair and shipping is the best.

This is the list of parts I need but I have no idea I’m doing to order these as the list doesn’t give any info if I need a 50V capacitor or anything else I am so lost on what to order. This is my first build where I need to order the parts myself.

Attachments

• IMG_5344.jpeg
    IMG_5344.jpeg
    443.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5345.jpeg
    IMG_5345.jpeg
    285.2 KB · Views: 11
Question for experts. I want to order my components from Mouser and I want to send them a list of parts. But they have asked me to provide manufactures of said parts I want to order. The issue is there is no manufacturer names listed on the list of parts I need from the PedalPCB documents that I have. How do I tell them what parts I need without any manufacturer names?
You’re in Canada, right? Digikey to Canada is less expensive than Mouser and offers prepaid duties if that’s a consideration. I usually search like 100nF box film 7.2 x 2.5. You can then filter the search results however you want. You can also browse for caps and resistors under “passives” for example. As long as you get the values and dimensions right, manufacturer isn’t critical.

This is the list of parts I need but I have no idea I’m doing to order these as the list doesn’t give any info if I need a 50V capacitor or anything else I am so lost on what to order. This is my first build where I need to order the parts myself.
We posted at same time lol. I’ll help you out.

you can't really just send them a random list and expect them to fill it for you.
but it's not that hard to do it yourself :)
(yes I'm aware you can upload BOMs in mouser but it doesn't always work that well if the spreadsheet isn't formatted correctly, and if the BOM isn't that big, it's not even worth using it).

have a play with the mouser search function/filters

manufacturer/brand doesn't matter. specifications / ratings do (and physical size/dimensions).

- you want 1/4W resistors. make sure they're not SMD/SMT.
- capacitors - make sure they're radial (not axial) and at least 25V. film caps are normally around 100V for the size you want. electrolytic polarized caps - 25V minimum.

the search function is pretty vast and hectic but you'll get the hang of it.

1693266881911.png

Yeah I’ve never bought anything from marketplace. Good advice to doublecheck.

Edit to clarify - this is for digikey

Resistors
You can go with something like Yageo 1/4w metal film through hole.
MFR-25FBF52-1M for the 1M value. Other values also available, but this should get you started.

Film Caps
Kemet is fine. I use em.
470nF (aka .47uF) R82DC3470SH60J
Same idea as above - other values available but this should get you started. For this build you want 5mm lead spacing and 7.2mm x whatever the build doc specifies. This one is 3.5 mm bc the 5mm ones spec’d for 470 nF are more expensive than 3.5mm 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Ceramic cap
I prefer MLCC and I use these: FA28NPO1H221JNU06

Electrolytic caps
2.5 mm lead spacing and 5mm diameter
E.g., UVK1E101MDD1TD

Mosfets
BS170-ND

Diodes
1N5239 TR PBFREE
1N5817

Pots, switches, leds, and enclosure I would buy from Nextgenguitars.ca. FWIW

Last edited:
Yeah I’ve never bought anything from marketplace. Good advice to doublecheck.

Edit to clarify - this is for digikey

Resistors
You can go with something like Yageo 1/4w metal film through hole.
MFR-25FBF52-1M for the 1M value. Other values also available, but this should get you started.

Film Caps
Kemet is fine. I use em.
470nF (aka .47uF) R82DC3470SH60J
Same idea as above - other values available but this should get you started. For this build you want 5mm lead spacing and 7.2mm x whatever the build doc specifies. This one is 3.5 mm bc the 5mm ones spec’d for 470 nF are more expensive than 5mm 🤷🏻‍♂️.

Ceramic cap
I prefer MLCC and I use these: FA28NPO1H221JNU06

Electrolytic caps
2.5 mm lead spacing and 5mm diameter
E.g., UVK1E101MDD1TD

Mosfets
BS170-ND

Diodes
1N5239 TR PBFREE
1N5817

Pots, switches, leds, and enclosure I would buy from Nextgenguitars.ca. FWIW
Thank you. You’re awesome!! Glad I am part of this amazing forum!!!

Looks like you're on the right path here - but if anyone needs to order from Mouser, I'd built a lot of AionFX boards, and he has a lot of Mouser spreadsheets - that will give you enough seed values for various parts to get started for a lot of things.

Looks like you're on the right path here - but if anyone needs to order from Mouser, I'd built a lot of AionFX boards, and he has a lot of Mouser spreadsheets - that will give you enough seed values for various parts to get started for a lot of things.

That’s a great idea

clown-fool.gif

Me getting ready to order caps, resistors and all other of the most common parts anywhere other than Tayda

clown-fool.gif

Me getting ready to order caps, resistors and all other of the most common parts anywhere other than Tayda

I wish Tayda made sense for my parts orders! I have serious Tayda envy, especially the printed enclosures and the idea of getting 100 resisters for like $2.

Sucks though - between the exchange rate and their shipping policies, it’s a no go these days. I can either break up shipments and wait a month, or I can get my toys in a couple of days and then get hit with truly staggering “fees” from DHL, UPS, FedEx. In theory I could self-clear my shipments but I already have a perilously feeble grasp on a well-adjusted life. This is why I use Digikey for my caps, resistors and common components - I see the prices in $CAD and get $8 next day (for almost all my orders) and they cover the customs fees.

I wish Tayda made sense for my parts orders! I have serious Tayda envy, especially the printed enclosures and the idea of getting 100 resisters for like $2.

Sucks though - between the exchange rate and their shipping policies, it’s a no go these days. I can either break up shipments and wait a month, or I can get my toys in a couple of days and then get hit with trul staggering “fees” from DHL, UPS, FedEx. In theory I could self-clear my shipments but I already have a perilously feeble grasp on a well-adjusted life. This is why I use Digikey for my caps, resistors and common components - I see the prices in $CAD and get $8 next day (for almost all my orders) and they cover the customs fees.
While living in a dystopian society like America has its downsides, shipping for pedal builders is a win🤡

Back