Parentheses Fuzz: Popping when Distortion or Boost engaged

jeffwhitfield

Ok, folks...interesting little quirk with my Parentheses Fuzz builds. Basically, a pop is heard when the foot switch for either the Distortion or Boost is clicked. Distortion is much worse than the Boost. Usual fixes don't seem to work. Tried a 10k and 1M resistors on the input and output to ground. So, now I'm thinking that it's something else inherent in the circuit itself.

IMG_0564 (1).jpeg

Ok, folks...interesting little quirk with my Parentheses Fuzz builds. Basically, a pop is heard when the foot switch for either the Distortion or Boost is clicked. Distortion is much worse than the Boost. Usual fixes don't seem to work. Tried a 10k and 1M resistors on the input and output to ground. So, now I'm thinking that it's something else inherent in the circuit itself.

View attachment 20768
A dry Solder joint can cause the Pop

If using the same amp consistently, check for DC leak coming from the amp?
Something with the power supply in your house? LED lights/dimmers on the same circuit? Too close to a computer monitor?

I thought you were having an Issue with one Build.
EQD pedal designs seem to have a ''Pop'' issue!?
Have you tried 10k from OUTPUT to GND on Footswitch Pads:

View attachment 35433
I noticed that pretty much all my builds had that problem. Seemed to be more pronounced with the heavier switches. This is good suggestion, especially after updating them to use lighter weight switches. Might even make the pop virtually inaudible.

Granted, a noise gate does fix the problem. No pop whatsoever with my noise gate on.

Back