PCB Masking Repair? (Or scrap it and move on)

Mr Phil

I finally got around to opening the CDXL Reissue Envelop Filter (PCB282) I ordered a loong time ago and discovered there is some masking missing on the back side of the PCB. To me it looks like it was scratched since all the areas are in a line. I believe it happened prior to me receiving it, but can't be sure and since it's been so long I don't feel right asking for a replacement. I did some quick probing with a meter:
  • The top areas in red are shorted to ground, but not the neighboring pins.
  • The lower right area (yellow) is not shorted to the neighboring pin and still shows continuity to IC Pin-1.

So I believe the PCB still has all the correct connections, but I'm concerned a bridge is going to form during soldering.
Think this PCB is salvageable? Is there a simple paint or glue (CA glue perhaps?) that could be used to re-mask these areas prior to soldering? I'd rather not spend $15+ on a masking pen to salvage an $8 PCB. Alternative option is to just scrap it and let my daughter use it for soldering practice. Thanks!

03D4F803-942F-4E0A-8AE3-FBB3627E3298.jpeg 06F422DF-83A8-4FFB-A96D-811F32F509BE.jpeg

Back