Pipe Stretcher/ Tube Bender

Erik S

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
@MichaelW gave this a “must build” rating in his build report, and it went straight into my wishlist.

I subbed in a BC556B because I couldn’t find the one BC307B that was called for. Other than that it was nice and simple.

Someone else called it a medium gain overdrive. That seems right. Pretty wide gain range though and I like most of it. It never felt like I was hunting for the sweet spot. I’ve built a lot more stuff on the distortion/ fuzz end of the dirt spectrum, and I’m always surprised how much I enjoy a mellow smooth overdrive sound. In particular this one does a nice edge of breakup thing that there isn’t a lot of in my pedal drawer.

87947D92-7E49-4A07-AE8E-AC76B8CB56F8.jpeg
3DF5EEBC-48F7-46FA-9171-D9A05F6E5EBA.jpeg
0112E99E-1F7B-4FB2-80CE-39F092D93013.jpeg

Maybe it is the lighting... but this looks so good with the oxblood and the red LED bezel against the light gold. Credit where credit is due, this is awesome.

That's pretty cool. I just recently came across a video of one of those jigs, but the thought never crossed my mind that someone would actually be using one to label pedals. I'm impressed.

Living up in the frozen north, I have to get my enclosures all prepped in the fall so I have something to work on over the winter.
I feel you man. I have a stack of pedals that need some finishing work, but I'm waiting for the weather to break so I can do some spraying.

Back