Conspiracy To Commit Electronics King Nothing Overdrive Tube Pedal

music6000

A Cool sounding Overdrive/ High gain pedal via the MODE switch.
You have 3 flavours of Gain via the Mode switch.
You have Normal plus 2 more Bass settings via the LOWS switch.
There has been some discussion on the Forum on the choice of the C3- 4n7 Capacitor that controls the amount of Bass frequency from vigilante398 to try lower values.
I found that the Stock value is too much Bass especially when using Humbuckers in the Low non stock positions, even in the Bridge position.
I tried 2.2nF and it was an improvement but still too much in the non stock positions.
I tried 1nF and that was cutting too much Bass.
At the moment I have 1n8 in place, actually it is just locked in.
Update: I settled on C3-2n2 with a fresh set of ears & C4-1n8 replaced 1nF, depending on single coil versus humbuckers with the 3 Gain structures & 3 Bass settings, I can switch to suit.
It's still a Great sounding pedal in the stock LOWS off position depending on the mode switch, maybe socketing C3 would be a good idea depending on your Guitar & Amp settings.
It was a joy to Build & components & values are all listed on the PCB!
(y) Conspiracy to Commit Electronics!

King Cyprian Custom Overdrive Tube Pedal 1.jpg

King Cyprian Custom Overdrive Tube Pedal 2.jpg

Last edited:
Noice!
Have you tried stacking with other drives at all? Not necessarily pushing the front end with more level like a traditional OD, since the boost does that already, just some pre harmonics. If that makes sense.

My PCB finally arrived today so thanks for the report about the C3 cap. I will add some different values when I am ordering parts.
The discussion about it is here:

Back