PPCB Daydream

Locrian99

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Last week I was contacted by a friend of a friend about building him a pedal, I was kind of surprised when asked which one he sent me the link to the board and all. It was the bugfx daydream. He came over checked out a bunch of my pedals, we agreed on a fee + parts cost and I made my order. I was super excited this is my first build for someone else.

When I first started looking at boards here. I figured the fv-1 builds were for the advanced. Haven’t even really looked at them just kind of figured they were beyond me. After being asked to do this I checked it all out. Was pretty surprised by the low part count and with the pre soldered fv-1 option this really was a very easy build.

Decided to go with a pre drilled powder coated tayda enclosure, first time doing that. This is the 6 knob ppcb enclosure worked perfect for the hole was a little big for the switch but once the nuts on it was no different. I also decided to do the no bezel led thing. Seen it in a lot of build reports and builds, worked out great. Not sure while I’ll be doing with all my bezels from here on out. Also used the neutrik rean open jacks, which i haven’t used open jacks since my first build. These things are pretty stiff. Went very basic no decal (if he wants me to do one for pot labeling I’ll do one) but I liked the look with no decal.

The effect is pretty cool, I’m not sure I’ll be building one of these for me as the crazy ambient delays aren’t really my thing. But if they are yours I’d check this one out. I might wait a day to tell him it’s done to see if some more time playing with it changes my mind.

05A55685-4887-4E35-8806-F0188D63E803.jpeg 230FC336-1D79-41B7-B7CC-FDCFBFADCD50.jpeg

Back