Random pix

Looks great.
Dare I ask what it does?
It’s just a bazz circuit. I recently started playing with smd and it’s a quick easy circuit to manipulate. I have a bunch of these boxes that were pre-drilled for something else as well. I added an extra hole to this one for a touch bypass. The touch bypass board is larger than the circuit. Originally they were designed for a buffer that’s always on but the bazz is not really an always on effect, lol. It can be a little harsh. It came out good for 10 year old powder I found in the garage and a toaster oven. Not being able to control all the holes I was just trying to come up with things to put in there besides a buffer. This was also just playing with the laser and trying to gauge how well it cut through the powder coating.

Which Laser Engraver are you using, and would you recommend it?
Honestly it’s one of the older blue Chinese k40 laser’s with some upgrades. It’s mediocre at best and the only software we have been able to get to work with it is RDworks which is trash. The newer versions will work with lightburn which is far superior but we have never been able to get it to communicate with this one. I am not a laser expert and this is one we just have at the shop so I am just playing.

If I was going to use it more I would get a Laserpecker. Based on my research it would be great for boxes. I usually just use the tayda print service and their powder coating so I don’t have to do it. It’s nice knowing I can if I need or really want to but it’s not worth putting money into for the amount of use it would get. The only thing I may use it for besides these is a looper. Can’t say I will need to build a lot of those.

Back