Random pix

This thing is filthy. Even after a vacuuming it smells on the meat are borderline bad smoke taste. Gonna have to do some serious work after this, too.

4241.jpg

Only bummer is I'll have to keep it going with my good pellets. Last few were a mix and I'm going back to straight apple wood .
 
I was being a little facetious, because I know very little about smokers. Just the concept of a smoker sounds like a huge mess to me! Which is one big reason I would never mess with one. But I do admire those who have the patience to use one because I have tasted the results...
 
I was being a little facetious, because I know very little about smokers. Just the concept of a smoker sounds like a huge mess to me! Which is one big reason I would never mess with one. But I do admire those who have the patience to use one because I have tasted the results...
Oh totally. Yeah I figured you were being sarcastic, because it's the dirtiest food there is 🤣

I was being self deprecating, because I've neglected the upkeep of it. Paying the price now. In fact if I had opened that lid there would've been a fire. So many unburnt pellets in that thing when I opened it up after I brought the temp back down.
 
I have a propane smoker and once it's dialed-in, I can leave it for hours to do its thing. A smoker is the only way to cook ribs or brisket. When I was in Huntsville a few years back on business, I made it a point to visit the Chuckwagon BBQ joint. I asked the proprietor which wood he used and he told me "mesquite, hickory and pecan." I load those chips up into my smoker and it's heaven. My opinions on pellet smokers are about the same as my opinions on electric starters on Harleys. If you can't do it the hard way, then...
 
I have a propane smoker and once it's dialed-in, I can leave it for hours to do its thing. A smoker is the only way to cook ribs or brisket. When I was in Huntsville a few years back on business, I made it a point to visit the Chuckwagon BBQ joint. I asked the proprietor which wood he used and he told me "mesquite, hickory and pecan." I load those chips up into my smoker and it's heaven. My opinions on pellet smokers are about the same as my opinions on electric starters on Harleys. If you can't do it the hard way, then...
Well, if you're truly a purist you don't use propane either!
 
4242.jpg

Did a stupid while trimming the hedge. Thankfully it didn't actually get any of the interior wires. Patched it up, but it's maybe two feet from the plug 🤡 thought I was being so careful, too.
 
Back
Top