Replacing fuzz pot with fixed resistor

enrosenzweig

I'm putting together the Axial Fuzz from Effects Layouts and have an old enclosure with a two knob setup ready to use. I usually just have the fuzz control maxed out on fuzz pedals, so I thought it would be sensible to drop that pot and keeping the Level and Filter controls.

I'll put the schematic below. Would I put a 100K resistor between the 220nf caps and omit the 330R? 220nf -> 100K -> 220nf?

Thanks!

1672625283580.png

Having the sustain dimed would mean there is zero resistance between lug 2 and 3 and 100k resistance between lug 1 and 2. You can either wire 100k and 330 in series to ground or exactly what you mentioned. Yours would be easier.

Having the sustain dimed would mean there is zero resistance between lug 2 and 3 and 100k resistance between lug 1 and 2. You can either wire 100k and 330 in series to ground or exactly what you mentioned. Yours would be easier.
This is a very helpful explanation (as are the rest of your tutorials)! The decision to use the two knob enclosure was a last minute one, so I already have the 330R resistor soldered in. Taking it out wouldn't be an issue, but if I wanted to just leave it be and have the 100K -> 330 in series, would it look like this?

IMG_9904.jpg

Back