Reverb project recommendation

Caedarn

I'm thinking of building a reverb pedal but am not sure which one. I'd appreciate any recommendations. Thanks!

Spatialist is great for all the options. The shimmer and cavern are great for really ambient stuff. I like the touch and modulated also.

For simple reverb, I also like the belton brick based circuits. I think that the Btdr-3 is a little smoother and nicer sounding than the btdr-2. Lots of people seem to like the spirit box on here. I have built (twice) and really enjoy the 1776 rub-a-dub reverb deluxe, and it’s one of the few diy projects around based on the Btdr-3, and the ability to control the length with a knob is great. I mostly use it for simple, always on reverb, but it can get decently long and ambient as well.

The spirit box is great for playing with distortion, the pre-delay makes all the difference in keeping it from getting muddy.

FYI - I was JUST about to order up parts for the Spirit Box, and realized that Belton Bricks are tough to snag right now due to production/shipping being slowed from China.

Spatialist is great for all the options. The shimmer and cavern are great for really ambient stuff. I like the touch and modulated also.

For simple reverb, I also like the belton brick based circuits. I think that the Btdr-3 is a little smoother and nicer sounding than the btdr-2. Lots of people seem to like the spirit box on here. I have built (twice) and really enjoy the 1776 rub-a-dub reverb deluxe, and it’s one of the few diy projects around based on the Btdr-3, and the ability to control the length with a knob is great. I mostly use it for simple, always on reverb, but it can get decently long and ambient as well.
I think Im gonna try me a Rub-a-Dub next, thanks!

I built a couple rub-a-dubs - if you get the long delay reverb module and turn it up all the way, it does produce some decent reverb. I highly recommend them. He this content also sells them prefab for like $8 or $9... Just fyi, but i get wanting to etch your own - it's what I did, but I redesigned the layout and used a SIP IC (can't remember the number right this second, though) instead of a tl072 to save a little space so I could shove it into a smaller enclosure and still have a battery.

Back