Rullywow Scratch Track Fuzz

VanWhy

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
My build of the Rullywow Scratch Track Fuzz. "Inspired by the Demo Tape Fuzz, the ScratchTrack is a very usable fuzz pedal which is supposed to be modeled after the overdriven sounds of 4-track portable recording studios. The result is a grungy, tameable fuzz"

I was very surprised how good this thing sounded. Only spent about 10 minutes with it so far but it far exceeded my expectations. It is very usable. Doesn't get super crazy fuzzy but still gets gnarly. Gives good note clarity. I'm looking forward to putting more time into it for sure.

I had a decal all printed out for it but when I put the second coat of paint on the enclosure it got all crackle-y. I think there must have been some moisture that got in there. But I actually really like how it looks like that. So i just kept it and put some sloppy paint marker for the knob labels. I also love the hot pink paint. Had to go with the pink LED too.

Overall I'm very happy with this one.

Attachments

• 20230610_172551.jpg
    20230610_172551.jpg
    844.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230610_172231.jpg
    20230610_172231.jpg
    458 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230610_172211.jpg
    20230610_172211.jpg
    391.1 KB · Views: 17
Your decal wrinkled is because the finish you used is not compatible with itself during recoat windows.... The only way to get past it is let it cure a full day... then if you need additional topcoats you have to do an almost dry dust coat.. let that flash off a few mintues then a semi wet coat.. let that flash of several minutes and then come in with a full wet coat so it doesnt fully wet/ soften previous layers....
For a once and done session .(Which by the way sucks with waterslide because you have to seal the decal...You have to get all the coats on within a specific amount of time. Once that window closes the previous film layer has reached a cure point. When you spray a new coat over it the solvents in the new coats react with the previous layer and it destroys it like you've put stripping chemicals in it. That's why finishes like lacquers are so user friendly and beloved. The layers melt into each other and form physical bonds instead of mechanical bonds.

If your doing waterslides I recommend if your using anything that isn't labelled as lacquer (also note cleans up with lacquer thinner and not water or mineral spirits)... Seal your decal with clear shellac first.. That way any finish you put on top later is compatible.

Back